64 year old female who joined a gym one month ago. I have a trainer 3 days a week and work out a total of 6 days doing muscle and strength training. I'm concerned about the diarrhea I have. I digest food rapidly. Is this from the high protein diet? What is causing this? Any change in bowel habits makes me fearful. I'm an Rn.

I don't think it's the gym so much as the high protein diet.

In time your body will adjust.  For now, be sure to drink plenty of water and eat something with fiber or use a supplement.  Are you still eating your vegetables too?

I wouldn't worry much.  You have changed your diet, some "adjustments" will occur.

Hope it helps.

Thank you. I eat green vegetables all the time and it causes me to have excess gas. I believe this too contributes to my diarrhea. On the possitive side weight training has stretched my muscles and is replacing fat tissue. I have no aches and pain. I wish more seniors would try this. Thanks again