I suspect I infected someone with herpes. My girlfriend recently went in to the doc for a bladder infection, but after it didn't go away from antibiotics, she went back again. Her doc was concerned it might be Herpes. The blood work results won't come back until Friday. She said if she has one she got it from me. I think I am not infected, but not I am not sure…how do I tell?

Hard to say really, but herpes usually transfers mostly when there are visible symptoms, however, I can’t say when you would have symptoms, as it can lay dormant for long time. If you both have herpes, I would advice you to change habits a little as Herpes outbreaks tend to get worse and more frequent if you have unprotected sex during outbreaks. When you have outbreaks, avoid sex and take antiviral medication. Many couples are together for years where only one party has Herpes and the other never gets it.

Well, my aunt had some bumps on her upper lip and I think three doctors thought it might be herpes...and believe me this is the last person you would suspect had it...turns out it was just a rash...