Hi.

Im 17. I've been sexually and physically abused, verbally abused everyday, been told that it would have been better if i was dead, that im useless, sick and unloved. though all this i hide everything behind a big smile and a carefree personality. i would like to continue with that, but i cant. i think im mentally ill, i cant think clearly, have concentration issues, imagining things that wont happen, dont remember what i say or do sometimes, scared of going over the limit. i feel like just jumping of a cliff or shooting myself. its like trying not to make eye contact while speaking to someone. its really hard to hide all this and pretend that everything is normal. please help me, what should i do. should i just die and not create an issue. i have no one to talk to, school counselors and parents wont work. 

You need to report you abuse to the authorities where you live. You don't say where you live or whether you are a boy or a girl.

such abuse does affect you psychologically and mentally. But that does not make you mentally ill. You need to talk to someone about your situation. There are people who care! The fact you have made the effort to talk on here is one indication you are not useless. Another is the way you have been able to express yourself.

What sort of abuse have you received, and from whom? Talk about it. Be specific. You are not alone. You can talk on here. Sign in for free and you can talk privately if you prefer. But don't give up.

Hope this helps as a start.

Hey it's ok it seems like its depression. I know this coz I have a lot of the symptoms u have though I waz not abused and I'm so sorry u have had to suffer through that. I can't imagine what it's like, wow, a lot to handle. And what do u mean u imagine things? Like hallucinations?. I don't know if ur mentally ill but if its effecting ur say to say life, then there is something wrong. Maybe see a psychologist or psychiatrist coz ur parents can only go so far and councilers too. Ik know this coz I see a psychiatrist and a psychologist. It doesn't. Mean ur weak. It will mean u care about ur well being and ur future. Tell u parents this. I hope all goes well and please let me know :) best of luck !