I was on Depo for 5 years and stopped about 6 months ago, my husband and I are trying to have a baby. How long should we try before I see the doctor?

They usually say a year of actively trying if you are under 35, and 6 months if you are older than 35. However, if you have a good OB/GYN that you can talk to and its been at least 6 months, talk to him or her about it. Its your right to have your concerns heard, and a good doc will take the time to at least say "hey, try for a couple of more months and if nothing happens we'll re-evaluate things".

The longer you've been on Depo, the longer it seems to take to conceive. They say it can be up to 18 months, but could be less or more depending on your situation. I've been off it 3 years, and although I just started ttc within the last 7 months, I'm finding out more and more things are "off" that appear to be Depo-related

I can't stress enough the importance of talking to your doctor. Those shots did a lot of weird things to a lot of people, including myself, and I personally wouldn't waste too much time sitting and waiting to find out if there's something else going on behind-the-scenes.

Good luck to you!