Can I smoke weed while on NuvaRing?

I'm afraid that it might screw something up, but I don't want to be forced to give it up.

Hey, I've been on the NuvaRing for almost two years now, and I admit to smoking weed in my past as well as cigarettes. The weed never complicated anything, but cigarettes have, so I switched to something else. Look out for these signs:

- severe abdominal pain

- chest pains or a shortness of breath (coughing)

- severe headaches

- blurred vision, weakness or difficulty speaking

- eye problems or even loss of vision

- or severe leg pain.

if you are having any of these problems while you are on the NuvaRing, you should stop immediately and switch to something else, or discontinue use.

I don't know about smoking weed/cigarettes while using NuvaRing but my daughter smokes blunts and cigarettes. She consumes alcohol but not as much as she smokes blunts/cigarettes. She's using the implant birth control method. Over the last two years she has been experiencing severe intestinal distress, "Crohn's Disease like symptoms". She has lost 72 pounds. She calls me periodically complaining of constant diarrhea, sweating and nausea while on the toilet. She was just incarcerated for two years due to drug trafficking. All during her incarceration she never experienced any of these symptoms. She gets out, starts using the implant and starts smoking blunts and cigarettes. She almost looks like a skeleton :'( . Her gastroenterologist is perplexed. He told her to quit smoking. Last I talked with her I told her that she was scaring the hell out of me. I also mentioned that her problem has to be her lifestyle. I introduced her to some scholarly research regarding smoking and the use of steroidal based contraceptives. Current research indicates that there is a correlation between smoking and the occurrence of Crohn's Disease. I've asked my daughter to either quit using the drugs and alcohol while she is on that implant or have the implant taken out. Further, I emphasized that she needs to do this now so that she can see if her symptoms improve. She cries on the phone claiming that she can't stop smoking cigarettes/blunts or using alcohol because it helps with her stress. I warned her that this is her life that she is playing with. At this time she will not answer my calls or emails. I'm so worried about her. I don’t' disturb her anymore because she is 25 and I want her to have her autonomy. I just graduated with a BS in Health Science. My goal is to become a Health Educator specializing in smoking cessation. I've applied for many Health Educator jobs to no avail. I'm currently a volunteer Health Educator. I made this sign with smoking cessation literature posted on it. When I have time I stand in front of grocery stores with my sign. People seem to like me. Oh, and my sign also warns women not to smoke while utilizing birth control therapy

You’re a wonderful mom and I’m sure your daughter will realize that soon enough. Keep trying. -from a rebellious 23 yr old girl