I am pregnant for the first time, so do not let my questions surprise you much. I have nobody to ask and there is one thing that worries me a lot. I wonder if that is normal to feel itchy in some areas, while woman is pregnant. With me that is particularly around my growing belly and breasts. I would like if there is anyone who could give me an answer, what causes itching of the skin during pregnancy.

Pregnancy hormones may be partly to blame for problem of itching of the skin during pregnancy. First, I have to tell you that are common problem, and nothing you should be worried. About two-thirds of women find that their palms and the soles of their feet get red and sometimes itchy during pregnancy. Experts think that this is condition, which usually disappears right after delivery. They think it is caused by an increase in estrogen that happens during pregnancy. You may also find that certain conditions that normally make you itchy, such as dry skin, eczema, or food allergies. Those things can make you even itchier when you are pregnant. To avoid itching of the skin during pregnancy you should avoid hot showers and baths, which can dry your skin and make the itching worse. Try to use mild soap and be sure to rinse it off well and towel off lightly. Try an occasional warm oatmeal bath, wear loose cotton clothing, and avoid going out in the heat of the day, since heat can intensify the itching.

Hi there. How far pregnant are you? When i was pregnant with my daughter(4yrs) I had a liver condition due to the pregnancy. It was called choleostasis( SPELLING???). It was due to me having a girl. My body was over producing all these female hormones and it caused a build up of bile which i was unable to get rid of. I was monitered closely as it can be very dangerous towards the end and in most cases results in an premeture induction. My daughter was born 4 and a half weeks early through emergancy c-section as there was not a lot of feotal movement. Now she is a healthy 4yr old. Just keep an eye on how sevevre the itching gets. Mine was all over and started at around 4months.if you are concered ask your doctor for some advice. Best of luck and i hope that you found this info usefull!