Hi. My legs are feeling itchy, especially in the evening. My friends think that I`m under stress, but I fear that I have some sort of a rash, or infection. I am constantly scratching my feet and legs and it`s driving me mad. It starts above the sock line. What to do with my itchy legs? I have a dry skin, maybe that could be the cause of my problem. Or synthetic socks?

Dry skin is the most common cause of itching. Frequent bathing and soap rob the skin of oils. Synthetic fabric on your skin can give you an itch. If you have a dry, itchy skin, you probably have eczema, a skin inflammation. Maybe you have the heat leg rash. It is an irritation of the blood vessels. If you exercise in the heat you leg blood vessels are getting irritated from the heat. According to my experience, the rash should disappear by itself after a few days.

my graves disease started exactly the same way. itchy shins, mostly above the sock line, but sometimes my feet and ankles too. it was unbearable. of course, the worst was yet to come. thyoid problems with women between the ages of 20-40 are extremely common, and, are usually misdiagnosed.

Most often - it's detergent in close proximity that strarts a cycle of dry skin. The skin cracks/breaks for a number of reasons and then the attack of the parasites begins. These are often simple dust mites by lots of people are very allergic to them & their - eh - byproducts. Finding out is easy: hit your legs with alcohol and see if the itching continues after. If it does - you'll need to find a way to alleviate the dry skin while using alcohol preps to eradicate the mites Blankets are often loaded with dust mites (ideal environment & they multiply fast). Wash bed clothes often and make a spray with alcohol to kill them in the covers.