My child is 5 year old. He suffers from eczema; he has redness on his trunk and legs and itching to. That really bother him a lot, I can see how unhappy he is. I bought some eczema cream, will this help reducing redness and itching?

Well, yes eczema cream should help to soothe the redness and take away the itchiness.
Discoid Eczema appears as a small, coin shaped redness of the skin, most often found on the trunk or lower legs. But often is an adult condition. Emollients are a usual treatment.

Eczema is usually the result of an allergic response to something in the diet.
I advise having your son RAST tested for food intolerances/sensitivities. Finding the trigger is the only real solution for eczema. In the meantime, look for (hypoallergenic if possible) probiotics to get the gut in check. Avoid all antibiotics unless there is a severe infection. Also Omega-3 oil in the diet (fish, flax-seed oil) is anti-inflammatory and all around good for the skin.
My sister swears by Rooibos tea for her eczema.

Find the trigger!