About 5 years ago I discovered I was more attracted to boys rather then girls. After many years struggling with the fact I have accepted it. I want to tell my parents more then anything because I wanna date but I am scared they will find out and hate me. This is causing me more stress then I have ever felt before. I can't stay in the same room as them for more then a few moments before I start feeling stressed and uncomfortable. I know this isn't really a health-related topic, but I don't know where else to turn. I would really appreciate any advice on the matter, especially about how and when to tell them. I would not mind some emotional support either. Thank you for listening this far and I hope someone out there can help me.

Hello mate,

Sorry to hear that you are so stressed. I am not gay myself, so can't tell you how I came out ;-) However, I'm sure that your parents will be supportive no matter what. I'm sure that it must be difficult to find the right moment - it's not a subject that many of us wish to discuss with our parents. Do you have a boyfriend? If so, maybe you could invite him to your house as 'a friend'. After a while of him visiting perhaps you could tell your parents that you have feelings for him. They will probably just put it down to your hormones during puberty, but at least it will plant the seed in their minds that you may be gay. It's not unusual for friends to have a gay experience during puberty. I hope all goes well for you and that you find the right moment soon. Let me know how you get on. Keep smiling. :-D

Coming out is a very difficult thing to do. When I came out, my mom sent me to a psychologist--a religious one at that.

You should find out how your parents feel about gay people. You could just be like, "Mom there is this girl" (it would probably be best to say girl) "at shool who says she is gay." Just see how your parents react to it. You could even find a movie that has a little "gayness" to it and see what they say about it.

Before coming out, you need to make sure that you are emotionally stable enough to deal with whatever you parents throw at you.

I would really like to talk to you some more.

You should email me. My email address can be found on my profile.

Hope I've helped!!

--LinZ

Hi I'm Brihanna and I am bi. I also had the same problem just a few days ago! I finally decided to tell my mom, and I got very emotional. haha. She does not except me for who i am sadly, but I'm sure when you tell your parents, they'll be fine with it. I'm 13 btw.
What I did, was tell my mom I had to talk to her, I simply sat her down and said, "mom, I am bi."
She yelled and hollered at me.
But I don't think that'll happen with you.

BYE GOODLUCK!

some people just want to tease you but theres to ways out or one way in the other out u can do the hard thing and force yoursekf not to be gay or you can give littlle hints to you parent(s) to show that your gay the same thing happend to me and I forced myself to be straight and now I have a boy friend well used to :'( good luck :-D

hi im happy! :D

Hey hun. So I figured out I was Bisexual when I was even younger than you. I came out shortly after. I know it can be hard, I have plenty of lgbt friends as well as myself. I know you're afraid, but the longer you pretend to be someone you're not, the harder it'll get. I promise you. When I told my family, my mom didn't believe someone could be Bisexual, I've proved her wrong. I'm sure even if they don't like what they hear at first, they'll accept it. It may take time, but it'll happen. Just hang in there and tell them. Good luck.

dont sweat it. im 13 and i hav the same problem. be the better 1 of us THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!!!!!

Hi! Ive known I was bisexual sense the 3rd grade I saw this boy and I got a boner but i also saw a girl same thing happened im still scared to tell my parents but they shouldn't be worried they watch all the shows and even gay ones... So it may not be as bad as you think I might tell them tommarrow! Well good luck on yours! ;-)