Hi. I think I`m anorexic. I eat very little and after every meal I put my finger in mouth and vomit. After only a few bites I feel bloated. I have lost a lot of weight, and I`m getting thinner and thinner. Is my condition curable? How long can anorexia last?

Hi. Another anorexic here. Anorexia is curable, but the sooner the treatment starts, the better are your chances of recovery. It may take months or years, however. Treatment is based on restoring your healthy weight and healthy eating patters, and treating physical or mental problems. Some cases require medical treatment. If your weight is more than 20% less than normal, you might be hospitalized. It is important that anorexic person understand he or she has a problem that needs to be treated. There are many self-help organizations that can help anorexics. Family support is also very important.