this is going to be a little long, but bare with me please.. I am sixteen years old, and going into twelfth grade. I am doing online schooling, to become a registered nurse for new born babies. My income a month is approximately $2500.00. I have been around babies all my life. I have 5 nieces and 2 nephews. My youngest sister had her first child when she was fifteen, and she handled it fine, and today, she is a very great mother to three beautiful girls! My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over a year now, and we love each other so much... Yes I know I'm young, and if you are going to be immature about this, then don't even bother replying. I'm just saying, I know I would be a great mother. The only problem is, I have been on birth control for about two years now. I was on the pill, then depo shot, IUD, and now the Ortho evra patches.. I got on birth control, for two reasons, I have irregular periods, and still do. and second, I was starting to become sexually active. my boyfriend and I have talked about this, and we plan on moving in together next year or so. but right now he is living with me. but my question is, how do I go about getting pregnant, after stopping the patch?. And does anybody think this is a stupid decision? I would have my baby after I get my GED anyways.

Hi DirtBike,

You asked "And does anybody think this is a stupid decision?"  Yes, I do and I'm "not being immature about this."

What is the rush?  You are 16.  Why not finish school, become a nurse, and then get pregnant?  Why do you feel the need to do this NOW.  I know "a little over a year" sounds like a long time, but it really isn't.  Why not wait until he's done with school as well.

It'll be a lot easier to become a nurse or even finish school without having a child to take care of.

Good luck.

I sent you a messaqe hope it helps feel free to message me if you have any questions or conserned

Curios about your decision and how long it took after getting off the birthcontrol. I know that many girls have had their reproductive health destroyed by the depo shot. It's a year later.

In any cae it is obvious that you hav emuch more thought into this than 99% of the 20-39yo crowd that assumes they know so much more than you do. 

Don't let others hatefule remarks make your choices for you. This goes for all who would like to have children even if young. I know a lot of older people that are not ready to have children and I knew a 13yo that would have been a better mom than all of them but she had to wait and in the end found out her fertility window was too short.