I am 20 years old and I just found out that I am pregnant. I don’t want to be. I don’t know should I abort? I just got the job, I don’t love the guy who made me pregnant and I can’t tell my parents about it. Please tell me what to do!!!!

I had such experience, being pregnant without wanting to, when I was 19 and I can tell you that the decision to abort never stops hurting. I was also afraid of what my parents so I made t decision to abort. That was 10 years ago and I still think about what that baby would have been. Sometimes I get so sad and cry. I think that is a decision that will probably be the hardest one a woman can make. However, you need to talk to someone before you make any decision.

I feel for you. It must be scary to think of having a baby when you are so young and just starting your career.

You do need to realize that everyone makes mistakes. You are an adult now and should not be worried about telling your parents. I am sure they made mistakes when they were young as well. Maybe not getting pregnant, but other big mistakes -- we all do. Part of being an adult is facing problems that come up, getting help you need and realizing you are not perfect. Just relax, tell your parents when you feel ready. And DON'T let them make you feel bad. It is your life and you will make your own mistakes, as well as making really good descisions. We are here to live life, not be scared of it. Take things as they come and make the best out of them. That is all life is about.

I do feel that you need to think before you decide anything. Think about how you felt about abortion before you became pregnant. Decide if you could handle the second thoughts about an abortion you might have when you are older. Also, if you know you just can't handle being a Mom right now (and that is okay) think about other alternatives. Maybe adoption. Just go get some counceling from one or more professionals and relax.

You need to talk to your parents, most of us parents will surprise you with how supportive we are and can be. It is scary at first to be pregnant, but once you see that baby on the monitor, or hear the heartbeat, you might change your mind. Remember that abortion, while your right, ends the life of a child and there are alternatives. There are thousands of couples who have tried for years to have a baby and cannot, but really want a baby/child to love and call their family. I wish you the best.

Coming from a parent myself, it is the most amazing experience you will ever have in your lifetime. Just give it some thought before you rush into anything that you may regret. You can always give the baby up for adoption, there are couples everyday that are looking for a child to adopt.

If you decide to keep the child, it will be hard being a single parent, BUT people do it everyday, and things usually turn out just fine.

I don't know what kind of relationship you have with your parents, but let me tell you what a friend of mine did when she was 18 years old and pregnant. She told her mother first, she was shocked at first, but it wore off quick. She thought no less of her daughter than before she was pregnant. Her mother broke the news to her dad, when she wasn't home. It gave him time to cool off , and I've got to tell you, he supported her 100% through her whole entire pregnancy.

I really wish you the best of luck, and please let me know what you intend on doing. If you don't mind sharing. If not that's O.K. 8)

I think that you should talk with your parents in helping to decide what is right for you. I'm sure that they will support you. You'll be very surprised.

BROOKLYN

there are tons of people out there who want a baby very bad and can't have one (such as myself) you should really think of adoption.

im 17 and i think i may be pregnant. its a scray thought. i am too young to bring up a child on my own. my partner doesnt live near me. its about a 2 hour drive away. i dont want to tell my parents but i feel i have to :( i need support. i need help :(

Well you should not get an abortion because there are so many people out there who want a baby and cant have one take me for example I had cancer so now I can not have a baby of my own which has been really hard for me to cope with because that is all me and my husband talk about is wanting children of our own and adoption is way to expensive for me to consider with my medical bills right now but as soon as I get enough money I will be adopting but that takes alot of time too God does everything for a reason he doesnt make mistakes

Hi, AT THE AGE OF 18 I BECAME PREGNANT. I did not tell a sole. I was popular, had a great steady boyfriend, loving parents. I was unsure what to do and actually ignored it (I may have been in denile) for a few months. I finally whent to planned parenthood (on my own), took out a goverment grant and went to some sort of unpleasant abortion factory, where women lined up in beds while doctors did the procedure. Most of my friends are on there first pregnancy and have children under the age of 3 and I sometimes think that I would actually have a 16 year old today. I COMPLETELY STAND BY MY DECISION, and do not regret it. It is important to know what you believe. Some beliieve that upon conception, that the woman is immediately pregnant. I happen to beleive that the zygote(combined male/female cell) which then becomes a fetus is not developed and therefore not alive the first few weeks. I NEVER doubted my decision, but do wish the internet was accessible thenm, because although it was frightening I could not tell my boyfriend, friends or parents. My parents were understanding, but I did not want to disappoint them or have them worry or feel bad for me. My boyfriend was great... but it would have been to much of a burden on him and he would have to share with a friend. Girls would want to help, but worry and may confess to someone. I was a well liked popular high school cheerleader and was definitely not going to be "the girl that got pregnant" in high school. I knew enough to know that I was not ready to make a decision at that age that would affect my life and so many others because I missed a pill and became pregnant. Now that I am older I have told my friends (the same ones from high school, as well as my mother what I went through alone). I still don't have kids, but do want them and hope that I am lucky enough to get pregnant again. Please know, that you are not alone or trapped. You have choices! Luckily their are, many places for you to reach out and get help or assistance. Everyone woman should respect another womans opinions and decisions on this topic. Nobody can decide what is best for any individual. My opionion and experience would be that you research, think hard and make a definite decision (you cant be on the fence, or wishy/washy) for yourself. Once you have made a decision for yourself, you must trust in yourself and honor your decision without going back and feeling regretful. Noone can decide for you. You have to live with it, so decide to be a strong woman and stand by your choice - whatever it may be. Take care..... if you reach out, I'll be here.

me and my partner are desperate for a baby but cannot get pregnant. have you ever considered adoption?
take care
amanda

Help. I am currently terrified that I am pregnant. I am about a week away from getting my period and have the sorest breasts (particularly my nipples). I have never had premenstrual breast pain before which is why I am getting scared. Also within the last month I have had unusual lower back pain and have been craving Cherry Ripe chocolate bars which I have previously detested my whole life. I am 22 and have been on the contraceptive pill since I was sixteen though I will admit there have been times when I have missed or been late taking the tablet. When I was 18 I got pregnant and had an abortion and it was the most traumatic experience of my life and I vowed never to do that again. My best friend had a baby only a week ago and although I am over the moon for her I am not ready to have one yet myself, I am in a relationship with a man I'm no longer sure about, he's 14 years my senior and already has two children, also I am really focused on finishing uni. Everything I keep reading keeps telling me I have the symptoms of pregnancy, please can someone reassure me that this is not the case.

first off your parents should understand and if you dont want the baby they should be behind you to have it and let someone like me who cant have children adopt it. Iam a 38 year old female who cant have children and i would love to help you thru this and adopt your baby

There are options. I personally support your decision to have an abortion as I don't believe that life starts until the minute you are completely out of the womb and have no desire to have children myself nor maternal instinct. In the long run I believe that the emotional burden of carrying the undeveloped fetus as a result of a sexual encounter with someone you don't love might cost you more than just your body, your career and your life but your emotional well-being. Of course, adoption is always there. All the same, if it's any consolation I have a friend who has been pregnant eleven times, but who's only had three kids so I wouldn't worry about not being able to get pregnant later on, when you're ready. If you're not ready now, it's more responsible to end it before it's too late. As for your parents, I would recommend NOT telling them until you have made a decision yourself as to how to proceed. I know someone else who was talked out of abortion because her mother objects to it, and now is sidled with two bratty kids, a lousy ex-husband who never loved her and who's in jail, and a beast of an ex-mother-in-law all while living out of a living room. No matter what, you will make the decision right for you.

hi i am 16 years old and i know that this was posted almost 2 years ago but i would like to post my opinion. i am a junior in highschool and recently found out that im pregnant. yes, i am scared and a bit terrified of the idea of being a mother at such a young age. but i would never even think of having an abortion. No matter what a woman CAN do it no matter what age or what step in life we're taking. i belive that if i really put my heart to it and with the support of my boyfriend i will make it "we" will make it .

I know it's scary an God will show you the way, jus trust in him. An abortion is not cool, I adopted all 3 of my boys an I wish I had a girl but I don't maybe one day I will get what i wush for, it's many people out here that adopt children, so use that as a option if need be