Hi there everyone My name is Marissa and i am 16 almost 17. I recently took two clear-blue first response home pregnancy tests and both of them read positive. My boyfriend is 18 almost 19 and we are both scared of the fact i am pregnant. We don't know what to do i am unable to tell my parents because if i did my mom would kill my boyfriend and i. I don't know if i want to have the baby or have an abortion because i have heard that you could end up ruining the rest of your life either way. I have been saying to myself that i'm gonna be Okay and i will get through this my boyfriend has been there for me even when i'm in the worst of moods i don't know how i would be able to finish school and support a baby at 17. I;m scared my mom would never forgive me. She has told me numerous times that if i were to get pregnant i better start packing and find another place to live. Then all of a sudden i'm pregnant. It's all i have been thinking about and i can't get any sleep at night because im stressing about it. It's become really hard to hide and then if i do keep it my mom would notice once i start gaining all the weight and not being able to fit my clothes any more many of my friends have had babies and they are doing ok making it through. I always said i wanted to wait till i was in my early 20s not my mid teens please please someone give me a little advice on what to do or where to go to get help either or it would be muchly apprieciated thank you so much
sincerely marissa

do not get an abortion....your mom will not kick you out she says that to scare u into not doing anything to get pregnant.....your mom will understand and will be there for you ....tell her!!!.....tell her not to kill ur bf because u need him through this pregnancy and that things happen....she was young once!!! she knows !!!! tell her how scared you are !!! she has been through it all!!! she will know what to do but you have got to tell her !!! its better to tell her now then to tell her later when you have covered it up longer!!!! just tell her!!! she could be a great help!!!

First of all...your mom will not kill your boyfriend or you...that would make her a murderer and she would go to jail for a long time. Put those thoughts aside...you are 17, she can't kick you out...that is child neglect. She has to atleast keep you until you are 18! And as much as she says she would do this and do that if you got pregnant, she was just trying to scare you...which didn't seem to work too well, huh. There are many teen moms out there, I have a few friends who had babies very young, and we are all 28 now. They are wonderful mothers and they wouldn't turn back the hands of time for the world. There children are their life, their joy, and what they live for now. Sure, you won't be able to go to college parties and hang out with your friends as much, but having a baby is a blessing. It will consume you to the point that you don't care that you're not out with your friends. It is really good that your boyfriend is sticking by you...that he is being a man about this. Has he said he wants to keep it or you to have an abortion? You two made this baby, so you have to make these decisions together. You have to tell your mom...the longer you hide it, the harder its going to be on her. As much as you may think she doesn't want a grandchild, it will consume her as well. Sure, she will be upset at first, but eventually she will be loving it. You just have to talk to her.

And, you can finish school. I have seen it done. You just have to be determined to do it...if you put your mind to it, anything is possible. You can even go to a community college to get a degree. You can get tons of financial aid with having a baby, as long as your not married. There are ways, you just have to find them and be committed!

Good luck hun...and keep us updated. You can do this...and a baby will NOT ruin your life...only make it better, eventually anyway :-)

Whether to have an abortion, adoption, or to keep the baby is completely up to you. But when u make this decision you need to put the interest of you and the baby first. Dont worry about your mother. She will not kill u..this is a scare tactic. Also, if u decide to keep the baby, u will be able to go to school. Your mom may be mad but she will eventually get over it. It is always nice to have your mother there for you instead of trying to hide the baby. And stressing is not good for you or the baby. Just remember the choice is yours.. put u and the baby first! i know ur scared to tell ur mom but it will get so much better once u tell her.. Good luck... keep me updated please!

Hi hun I read your post and I thought I coan maybe help you out a little bit. I'm am 17 years old and I got pregnant when I was 15 my son will be 1 years old next month and I love him to DEATH!!!! He is my world and so is his daddy my wonderful husband (which is 18). Anyways when I found out I was pregnant I was scared to death to tell my dad and trust me it is harder to tell your dad that your pregnant than it is your mom. When I told my dad I was pregnant I was scared to death bc he said if you get pregnant while your a teenager I WILL KILL YOU!!! Of course that is the famous parents line. But my dad wasnt that bad, he gave me the silent treatment for a few weeks, but now he loves his grandson and wouldnt change it for the world. But I really dont think you should abort this blessing that God has given you. And YES you can finish school you can go and get your GED if you have too that is what I did and it is basically the same thing as a diploma really it is. So I wish you all of luck and if you have any questions just write me ok. I'm on everyday so I will get the message!!!!!! :-D