I have a feeling this might have come up already but I wanted to post because I've never had this before. For the last 2 days It's been immensely painful swallowing in my back throat area by the tonsils. I don't have any cold-like symptons, don't feel as though I have any fever, and no apparent white spots in the back of my throat. It's just this very irritating problem in which it's very hard to drink, eat, and especially sleep when I need to swallow. It's also soar when I touch the gland area on my neck. I started a 5 day Z-Pack which I'm hopeful helps. Can anyone tell me what this might be?

I think it wasn’t such a good idea to start antibiotics before you found out for sure what is the cause for your sore throat. Bacterial infections, like you said, cause fever and often the white spots also. But this really sounds more like a viral infection and antibiotics can help you at all in that case because they only can kill bacteria. Even worse, when virus is the cause and you take antibiotic, it has more side effects than it normally does.

i am here for u. not long ago i came here looking for the same answers.seen a post that said black mold.fungus. started reading up on that cause you r right the pain is the worst i have ever felt.so i went through my house and yep black mold. i looked that up. it says i have a fungus.for the pain the doctor gave me lora tabs didnt even faze it.so i tried hot tea with lemon and honey.,it went away right away i am talking 1st 10 minutes all the pain was gone.now for the bad news.the fungus might never go away,they can give you stuff to kill most of it,hopefully all of it.but sometimes it all doesnt get killed.different things you have to do.mold/fungus like dark damp places your body is like a castle to it.you have to wash your nose out a bunch,get your head to dry upafter draining as much as possible out while taking fungus pills.pleae look it up on your pc.plus go to doctor and get tested and the meds. hopefully you wont need surgery.hope this helps you and anyone that reads it god bless. it is also what caused my strep throat,i went through 3 courses of antibiotics.