I have the pain right now, it hurts soo bad, u have any advice for me??

I am in the same boat as everyone here! It's nice to know I'm not alone! Unbearable pain that just hits you and nothing you do helps. I've been to the ER 9 times and everything looks "normal" they are pretty much done giving me morphine and pain meds as I'm only 22. This is by far the worst pain in the world including labor pain. I go in the morning for a gallbladder test! Fingers crossed its that and I can get it out and live again

Cocohontaritas severe inflammation I have this too started four years ago after giving g birth pain lasted up to 13 hours a time constantly being sick from the pain every day every few hours....lasted four months..no pain killer touches it...bit easier to deal with now although still hurts .have to be careful how move especially on stretching or excercise...even house work can set it off......look it up but I think I spelt it wrong.....

I've had the same exact pain unbearable feels like I'm dying can not call for help barely can whisper with sweating and sever nasea plz someone help

Hey my name is Zak archer I'm 23 and I've been experiencing the same pains for about 6 months now. It will come and go, but as u said each time seems worse. I actually have the pain right this moment since 4 am this morning. 8 almost 9 hours now!! I don't know what to to, I've been to er twice and nothing. Please help me.

Could be pleurisy and steroids help

I see that this was posted a year ago. How are you feeling and have you gotten any answers? I've been dealing with chronic pain for 15 years the doctors can't diagnose and they are now leaning towards my pancreas I get that same sternum pain. it can go long with pancreatitis. have you had your pancreas checked

Hi I was told it was severe immflamation I still get the pain but not for hours anymore I also get a sharp shooting pain which lasts a few minutes ...usually flares up if I do a lot of house cleaning in one day or a excercise dvd so have to be careful how I move..

I too experienced sudden onset of severe pain right behind my sternum which woke me up in the night. Also nausea and radiating pain down through the torso and up into the chest. Never had pain like it. Distressing and awful pain. GP px Omeprazole 20 mg once daily which is working although I still have slight rumblings but nothing as intense as before starting this medication .
Strangely the pain started after taking naproxen which I was given for bursitis (painful hip joint) so I stopped taking it and now feeling a lot better. I wonder if I might have developed an ulcer due to taking naproxen and nurofen 18 months ago for severe back pain.
Hope this helps, omeprazole works for me.

I see that this was 1 year ago. Do you have any answers that you would share? I have the very same problems and Dr. can't tell me why. Thanks

It was costochondritis

This is inflammation of the connective tissue, that is related to digestion. Look at what is underneath the sternum and what organs are surrounded by the ribs.Complementary medicine modalities like Reiki, myofascial release, acupuncture (even though someone here said it didn't work for them) herbal products and of course, dietary adjustments can eliminate this. I have done all these and addressed the emotional issues that have caused flare-ups. Viewing your body mind from a holistic perspective can offer you more information and solutions than the "cure symptom" medical profession. Get a diagnosis, sure. And then find ways to soothe your life path.

I have been suffering with this for 3-4 years now and never know when an attack will occur. Start with the pain then cold sweats and then vomiting. Been rushed into hospital on many occasions. All blood, CT, MRI scans have been normal and they didnt know what it was then my pain management consultant diagnosed costochondritis. A further MRI of my spine indicated signs of it also between facet joints. I have had nerves between the facet joints burnt away to help but have now started to get attacks more regular with no triggers known. I am perscribed Gabapentin, Tramadol and have Oramorph when an attack comes on.
Just want my life back. All started after having emergency op to remove gallbladder.

I have struggled with this pain for a few years. I have no injuries (back, car accident, etc) that I can related it to. The last time I went to the emergency room, my blood pressure was 235 over 180 from the pain. I am otherwise healthy and not overweight. They removed my gall bladder last October and I was pain free until last night. So . . 6 months later, the pain is back and as intense as it used to be. The only thing left is the stomach and pancreas where this is coming from. The doctors really don't know, and I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary. What scares me the most is that I could have a stroke from the high B/P just trying to get through the pain. I can't afford an ER visit just to wait it out there. Any home remedies or new ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I, too, have this periodic pain under my right breast with radiation to my jaws. The pain is excruciating. Have had Nissen fundoplication, cholecystectomy, etc. The ONLY thing that helps me is to take about 6-8 Gaviscon. This slowly relieves the pain, however, I don't know what causes it. I have fibromyalgia, also, and lately my abdomen is extremely bloated. HELP!