I had an ablation back in Dec. for AV re-entry to stop my heart from going into SVT. I battled irregular heartbeats for years.There was many times where I thought it just felt like something in my chest moving around and sometimes I would even bend over and feel a thump. Sometimes it would be my heart and then other times I wasn't sure what it was from IBS or GERD?

About a year and a half ago, I went through a horrible spell of irregular hearts. I was feeling strangeness in my chest that wasn't irregular heartbeats. I'm pretty sure that has something to do with my IBS. I suppose we forget that our transverse colons are sort of up there in our chests. There have been also many times when my GERD acted up, so did my irregular heartbeats. I became aware of the possibility that the nerves in our esophagus might somehow be connected with our hearts. I think that when our lower esophagus gets irritated, it give us irregular heartbeats. That’s an unscientific theory I have. I suppose there's a lot of overlap with IBS and GERD, since it is all the same organ.