Hello everyone,

Hopefully someone can help me out. Here's the scoop..I have heart palpatations that pretty much happen all the time. (Of course it never shows up while at a doctor's office). It is just a sudden pound or two of my heart and then it goes away. This has been going on for several months now.

A couple of months ago my heart started to gradually speed up which caused my arm to go numb and I almost blacked out. The numbess felt like I hit my funny bone. It was not painful but it was very uncomfortable. I was panicked as I did not know what was happening. I was taken to the emergency room because I thought I was having a heart attack, which was not the case. Long story short they told me that it wasn't a heart attack and I may have been dehydrated and to stay away from caffeine.

Went to my primary and had a complete physical and everything was fine. I'm 5'11" 186lbs and am in "ok" shape. I stay away from caffeine and drink plenty of water.

A week later, I'm in my car in traffic and again my heary starts to pick up and my arm starts to get numb(Funny bone sensation) again. I started feeling woozy again. I tried to take in deep breaths through my nose and out through my mouth (The paramedic told me to do this the first time) and after 15-20 minutes I was feeling better.

So my question is..does anybody know what this may be? Anxiety maybe? I do getting strange or funny sensations on my heart that are difficult to explain also. Not sure what to do. Doctors hooked me up to EKG's 3 times and everything is always normal.

Thanks for your comments, I appreciate it!

That sounds so much like me. The palpatations i experienced but when you go to the doctor there is none. And the numbness in my arm with rapid heart beat and dizzyness. I thought i was going to die. Someone told me it might of been a mini stroke. I am going to the doctors in a couple of days to get some tests done

jenren69 wrote:

Hi Jenren,

When you get the results can you let me know? I blood tests done and everything came back normal. Thank for your help.

Hello any one let me know what is the status after an year.. I am facing same problem. Please reply.

Thanks,

Santosh

Finally someone is speaking my experience.. It happens to me a lot, i mean this numbness of arm and loud hearbeat (which i can  feel on my whole body) continues for 3-4 days and even a week. but plz reply what it is actually... 

have u checked ur thyroid levels?

If as u say you have done EKG than its Anxiety. You need to take some relaxation pills and do meditation, I have experienced the same 2 days back, and I am very worried. Paradox and sounds strange but 2 days back and days before that I have been thinking of killing myself, I was so depressed . I cried 3 nights could not sleep at all and which caused me FAST HEAR beat and PAIN IN MY ARM now. THis is I am sure coz of my long lasting depression. But its already 3d day and it doesnt stops. I am very worried. :'( I have taken IBORPUFEN now,,seems helps a bit. But I also go to do EKG tomorrow hope nothing serious!

I have had this for 4 months now, but I had it previously when I quit smoking.  I used -cigs then also.  Seems everytime I have a few puffs of either an e-cig or a tobacco cigarette, my heart pounds really hard and my arm goes numb.  The last time I quit smoking and this happened, I went to the ER thinking it was a heartattack.  They ran all kinds of tests and said I was fine, just having panick/anxiety attacks.  They prescribed Attavan.  My doctor won't give me a script for this now though.  My son (not a doctor) thinks this could also be hypertension.  My doctor won't give me anything except Chantix, which I won't take.  Too many people I know had suicidal thoughts with it.  Good luck to you if you are having this, it's horrible without medication. 

Wow finally someone with heart palpitations like me... Mine make me feel Like I gotta cough or something. Lately I been waking up with fast heart beat and numb right arm from fingers to top of my shoulder....

This happens to me too, same exact thing. For me, it is caused by anxiety and nocturnal panic attacks.

Did anyone on this page ever figure out what the health problem is? I began having the same symptoms 1 month ago.

i had the same thing, heart beat raised upto 150 bpm and i was feeling numbness in my arm, though i was able to make use of my arm but it was really disturbing , also experienced pain in left jaw and almost like fainting.

it all lasted for 15 mins and then suddenly heart beat came down to 90 and i was at doctor that time... they did ECG and blood test, kidney test and chest xray. Everything came out to be normal. not sure why i experienced this.

i dont take coffee at all, no cigarettes, not much alcohol and not much stress. i am still worried as to why this happened to me.

i am going to see cardiologist nest week Wednesday and they are going to have treadmill test. will keep posted for updates.

Do any of you also have a sharp pain in your arm near tricep/bicep area?

I took Chantix and I quit smoking 6 years ago from what I read you only have Suicidal Thoughts if you had Suicidal Thoughts to begin with, Chantix would only enhance those thoughts, not make them occur.

Hi. I have the same all the time. I am 35 (now pregnant) but have always been in very good shape. I was running, swimming and doing lots of other activities.
I have been to SEVERAL heart doctors, most of them just dismissed my symptoms and I heard the word anxiety more than once. I don't have anxiety, I am not out of shape, I don't have any other health issues, I have been checked more times than I can count for anything you can think of.
I was never taken seriously until my last pregnancy 7 years ago when the doctor saw a heart rate of 180 and freaked out, made me do all kinds of tests and found nothing. During delivery ALL the doctors and nurses were stressed but I delivered a healthy baby girl naturally with a heart rate approaching 200.
About 3 years ago I was on top of my training for a triathlon when I laid on my left side and felt like a little ballon had blown up inside my heart and heart pounding (which is part of my daily life). Finally decided to go to as many doctors until I found an answer. EKGs DO NOTHING, show nothing and most of the time my heart rate is perfect. This doctor finally took it serious enough and put me on a monitor for a month. One morning she called me and said I needed to start on medication right away, my heart had been over 200 in the middle of night when I was sleeping for no reason.
I almost did an ablation but after talking to other specialist and people that had it done with no success we decided that if I could leave with the crazy ups and down and still run, I shouldn't do it because there was no guarantee it would work.
So I am pregnant again and the symptoms are a worse since I have so much more blood and I am bigger. Went to the doctor again and this time he did a simple standing test and said I have POTS. Still does not explain it perfectly what I have because the palpitations, shortness of breath, numb arms can come for no apparent reason but it is the closest to what I feel.
I decided after the baby is born I will try medication again (I tried proparnolol) even though it did nothing for me years ago besides make me feel really tired. My resting heart rate is normally low so medication is not recommended for me.
Long story short, hang in there. Don't let doctors tell you what you feel. I know what I feel and it took me years to realize that just because I don't fit the normal patient symptoms chart, it doesn't mean that I should stop trying to find a solution because it sucks. Good luck.