as I’ve gotten older I’ve developed pretty ugly small brown spots on my face and neck. I managed to get one laser removal done for the most prominent ones, but for the rest of them it’s just too expensive to have multiple laser removals.

That’s why I researched a bit and came upon info about two topical creams for removing brown spots - Efudex and Carac - and I know I still need to see a dermatologist to get a professional opinion, but if anyone has experience with these creams, which one is more effective - Efudex or Carac?

I was recently looking into same thing since there is no way I can afford the laser treatments. I'm afraid I have to disappoint you if your spots are simply age spots or spots caused by sun - neither Efudex or Carac seem to be effective in removing these.

However, you still should see a dermatologist to determine which exact type of brown spots you have, because they can be caused by other reasons than just simple aging or sun exposure. In that case Efudex or Carac might be effective in removing them.

Oh I wanted to try them too. Maybe somethig else can help?