:'( :'( :'( i m 15 turning 16 soon and i weigh 120 pounds i have strech marks on my breasts and on my "love handles" i m very upset and it is very embarrassing for me toward boys can u pleease help me please e-mail me bac at my email adress

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private emails not allowed **
thanks u

Hi there!

I know how you feel with all of these stretch marks but most of them are a result of weight gain and your skin stretching.

Do you know how stretch marks form? When you grow rapidly or gain weight, your under skin id tissues under skin is pulled. When this happens, the production of collagen is disturbed and you may form scars id stretch marks.

What are your stretch marks like? Are they skin colored or changed their colored, have they rose above the skin or not? You should know that SM usually fade away with time and become less noticeable although I know that you would like to get rid of them now.

Most of the creams that promise relief don’t actually work and cost a fortune. The best way to try solving this problem is seeing a dermatologist. s/he may be able to help you.

I also read that vitamin E oils assist in skin healing and could reduce the strech marks. Another cream often talked about is Retin-A. However, I wouldn’t do anything before talking to a dermatologist first.

I am 20 yrs old and have streach marks all over my belly and sides they are purple and kind of deep i got them from my two year old son they depress me so bad im scared for my shurt to come up at all so i always wear t-shirts i am 125 pound is there anything i can do PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS! : :: :

Health Advisor
Hi there! I know how frustrated you may be because I was the same during and after my pregnancy. At the beginning I wanted to use some creams like Retina-A but my doc suggested I didn’t do it. I really hated them but I guess I got so lucky that some time after delivery they withdrew. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I know that they are usually there to stay.

Some years ago, there was nothing you could do about the stretch marks. There were different topical creams but in my opinion, none of them did any good work.

In the last couple of years, laser have developed and are now being used for removing stretch marks among other stuff. Laser work by stimulating collagen growth and they fill the marks from the bottom upward. The energy from the laser stimulates new collagen growth that fills the stretch marks.

Have you tried applying anything to your skin before?

HI IM 22 YEARS OLD AND HAD BEEN SUFFERING FROM THIS HORRIBLE CURSE CALLED STRETCH MARKS.

I WAS AN OVERWEIGHT CHILD AND TEENAGER.
170 POUNDS AT AGE 18 AT HEIGHT 5'6.
I HATED TO WEAR SHORTS (I LIVE IN HAWAII) BECAUSE I HAD PINK MARKS ALL ON MY INNER THIGHS. I WISH I KNEW ABOUT THE HOME REMEDIES, BUT I DID NOTHING TO FIGHT IT.

I SLOWLY STARTED TO LOOSE THAT FAT AND LOST A TOTAL OF 60 POUNDS IN 2 YEARS.
THIS CAUSED MY STRETCH MARKS TO SPREAD, EVERYWHERE.
I FOUND THEM ON MY CALVES, BREAST, UNDERARMS, HIPS, LOWR BACK, THIGHS, AND BUT.
IT WAS WHITE, BUT IM TANNED SKIN- SO IT SHOWED MORE WHEN I TAN. SUN IS VERY BAD FOR THE MARKS, ALWYS APPLY SUNSCREEN ON THEM.

SO NOW IM 120 POUNDS AND CURSED WITH THE MARKS FROM BEING A FAT KID. ITS VERY DEPRESSING FOR ME. I CANT EVEN WEAR A TWO PEICE BATHING SUIT.

I RUB VITAMIN E OIL EVERY NIGHT. IVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR A MONTH.
SINCE MY MARKS ARE ALREADY IN THE DEVELOPED STAGE, THERES NOTHING I CAN DO TO MAKE IT LIGHTER. IT IS AT ITS LIGHTEST, BUT STILL NOTICEABLE BC IAM DARK SKINNED.
I APPLY THE OIL TO PREVENT FUTURE STRETCH MARKS FROM FUTURE WEIGHT LOSS OR GAIN.

I THINK I GOT THE WORST CASE OF STRETCH MARKS EVER.
IMAGINE IT RUNNING FROM YOUR INNER THIGHS--ALL THE WAY DOWN TO YOUR KNESS- THEN CONTINUING BEHIND MY CALF---ALMOST TO MY ANKLES.
I WANT TO KILL MYSELF SOMETIMES BC IM SO DISGUSTED.
I STILL CANT LIVE WITH, NEVER WILL.

I understand how you feel!!! I have stretch marks all over my body as well, arms, breast, butts, inner and outer things, kness and calves!!! and they are all in the developed stage....silvery white, very deep and long. I have had them since I was a teenager...I was also a fat kid. Now, I'm 28 and I have been battling on the yo-yo diet. I cant even wear shorts or sleeveless. Are your stretch marks on your knees really up to the ankles? Gosh!!! Now Im scared....do they get worse over time???

Hi im 19 years old and i am suffering really bad with stretch marks i have them everywhere! breast, love handles, and back of my arms n weirdly the front of my arms its that bad i can't even wear short and im scared to go swimming. Ive put alot of weight on in a year so ive just really ruined ma body the ones on my hips are really long and rather deep n they are all purple so they really show up, iv'e just started using Bio-oil and ive heard its good, is there any thing else that could get rid of them ?