A few weeks ago I was bathing and i saw some dry dark spots around the outskirts of my underarms. I didnt think anything of it until a few weeks after that i saw the same spots under my breats, on my neck and on my back. I have tried to research different rashes and skin diseaeses without any luck. The spots are migrating to different parts of my body and now kind of starting to peel. If i cannot get a hint of what it is or if it could be harmful i will have to go to the doctor which is what i am trying to avoid.

Did you get rid of yours? I discovered these dry dark spots under my arms, on my breast, my back and my bikini area after a shower about 2 weeks ago. I thought at first it could be ringworm but usually ringworm is a very pronounced circle with raised edges. These spots are not like that; they are flat and almost kinda wrinkly and they itch a little but not as much as ringworm does. I saw my primary doctor who is not a dermatologist and she said it could be ringworm but she wasn't sure. She gave me a prescription for a Chlotrimazole lotion. It provided some relief but it hasn't healed me. My next doctor's visit will be to a dermatologist who I'll ask to do a test so that a specific diagnosis can be made. I'll follow up with my results here.

I have similar spot on my under arms stomach and side. Have you received any information on what it is and what causes it?

I had a similar condition. I went to a nurse practitioner. She wasn't sure what it was either. She thought it could very well be a fungal infection. She gave me an anti-fungal cream (an athlete's foot cream) and I was to clean and apply a thin layer on each of the spots every day 2x per day. That cleared it up, but she still wasn't 100% on what it could be. However, that was about 3 or 4 years ago, and I haven't seen it since. :-)

So you really don't know what was that exactly? What kind of anti fungal cream did you use? How long did you apply the cream?

I'm very curious as to what you used as well. I am pretty sure that it's indicative of a fungal infection as well but I'm not entirely sure as to what it would be. Do you think that it could have been something like ringworm? It sounds very similar, and ringworm is actually a fungal infection so that's what it could be. Does that sound accurate?

I am experiencing these spots on my skin as well and I thought it may be an allergic reation to something I am eating. Did anyone find out what it could be?

I too would like to know what this is. I noticed one spot under my arm last night and this morning when I got up, there were 4 more. The first started under my bicep area and the other 4 are on the side of my breast where my arm rests when I sleep. I'm not going to work til I go to the doctor though since it's spreading so fast.

I started seeing these spots on my torso under my arms, and then it spread all over one side of my torso, then to the other, then to the top edge of my thighs and a little bit on my back now. If I exfoliate hard enough (which I doubt is healthy) they come off but come back. My doctor didn't know what it is..
He is a dermatologist and said it looked like tinea versicolor-- however, he did a test and there is no fungal infection involved, but it mimics one. He gave me cortisone lotion which hasn't helped at all.
If anyone finds out what to do/how to treat it, please post about it! Thanks so much, I really want it gone!!

i have the same problem for a year, now. I've had these dark dry patches all over my lower back and the areas where my bra usually is. Its so weird, they're kinda rough and dry but they dont itch alot, maybe when the patches are really dry.

yes i told my doctor too and she told my its a fungus and she told me to but lamisil the spay type and it will calm the itchin but when i didnt use it omg it was crazy itching soo i been doing it of rlike 3 months an it was supposed to clear in 1 month 1/2 and nothing .. and its in my lower back under my breast around my belly button and neck and under arms its horrible i can berly be intimate with my fiance because i dont want him to see it even tho he knows about it we really need to find out wat this is .. i thought it was only me maybe it was in my genes but wat i see it aint onlyy mee if i find something i will tell you

Get some anti-fungal cream it is probably a fungus ending in fir fir. I have it as well the fungus lives on 80% of people's skin however some people are genetically disposed to have hyper pigmentation where it occurs. Over the counter fungal medications work. It make not seem like at first as it takes about two weeks for the pigmentation to clear up but the fungus is killed. It almost always returns though because it is everywhere.

Ey guys. I went to my school's health center and we found something called Tinea Versicolor that explained all the same symptoms. Look it up

Hey guys I have been reading some of these posts and can assure you this is not Tinea Versicolor infact it is something called Pityriasis rosea please look it up I had this when I was 16 it is not contagious and has no cure as it will eventually clear up on it's own however it helps to be in direct sunlight. Also I found that when I first had symptoms I went to about 4 doctors and my mum who is a nurse and both confired this is what it is called PR has no reason for starting up...it just begins as a small dry oval spot under your arm on the inside of your arm or on the side of your torso Please do not worry as it will clear up and leave no scarring during the times I had this infection I used aqueous cream and coated my torso bikini line back arms and neck. By guys good luck

have you got rid of them or know what they are and why they happen