I have had three back surgeries, the last was spinal fusion with titanium screws. I was on heavy meds for a long time. i weaned myself off meds when I started doing turbo jam. It's a great workout and i don't seem to hurt as much when i do cardio party 3 which is 45 minutes of straight cardio. This workout is good because you work on your abs the entire time. The only problem is with the moves that strengthen the abs, I injured my ribs or the muscle and cartiliage in that area. It's been a real disappointment because the pain in my back is a lot worse not being able to do any workout until the ribs heal. I am trying to find out if there is anyway to do this great workout without injuring my ribs again. I believe it's because my back spasms often and it caused my ribs muscles to stretch further than they should have. It's a great workout and I intend to continue, but I'd like to know if there is any exercise or stretching that will help the back muscles loosen prior to doing the workout, so i don't continuously have this problem. red

I suggest seeing a massage therapist who has specialized training in proprioceptive neuromuscular reeducation.