Hi, I started working out at home with the help of a DVD. From day one I have skipped the stretching part of the program. I find it boring and a waste of time. The first couple of times I couldn't finish the whole program because the exercises were very intense. Also the next day every muscle in my body would hurt. Now I got used to the exercises and do them easily. The only thing that troubles me is my lower back. It still hurts after every workout. Could this be the consequence of the fact that I skip stretching out?

Hi, judging by the way you stated your problem I am positive that you are aware what causes your lower back pain. You were just hoping that there might be some reason other than skipping stretching exercises. There is not. You need to stretch out after every workout. It doesn't matter how boring these exercises might seem to you they are an essential part of every workout program. I am surprised that you haven't had any injuries so far. Start stretching after the exercises and you will notice the difference. The pain in your lower back should stop. If it doesn't chances are that you might have suffered an injury after all. In this case the best thing to do is to go see a doctor.