i seem to get really bloated in my lower stomach after i do abdominal exercise, crunchies. i feel better now not doing them. my stomach is flatter when i don't do them. but i wanted it a little more toned up. why do i get bloated so bad. sometimes its so bad i look at myself naked and it looks like i am about 4 or 5 months pregnant. whats the deal with that and should i stop doing crunchies.shouldn't my stomach get flatter?

your stomich should get flatter & you should notice that your over all posture is improving if you keep up the hard work :-D. Working abs was & still is the hardest muscle group for me to work out, The bloating sounds like your eating something you shouldn't be before or after you ab work out. Wat kind of protain are you eating? alot of salts(sodium?) i bloat hard if i eat to much of that. Just watch wat you eat & keep up the hard work you won't regret it.

Hi I just wondered if you got a solution or reason for this as I have exactly the same problem - been working my abs/core and now have extremely bad bloating and hard lower abdomen!