How do you feel about telecommuting. Do you think it would work if most office assistant, etc. were virtual assistants, working from home up to 4 days a week. Would this solve a lot of our smog problems, traffic problems, child-care problems, etc. It sounds very reasonable to me. In today's age of extreme technologies, why not? This seems like a great solution. Could you manage your own work and schedule without managers making sure that you do? I think it would also lower stress levels for a lot of people. What do you think?

Telecommuting seems to be the way things are going for most offices now. I know most of my friends work from home at least one day a week because of the costs associated with actually having people in an office. When you think about it, it's so much cheaper to have people work out of their own home and get compensated at the same rate. It would save a company a great deal of money in fact.

That is so true. My next question is....Why aren't we doing more of it. Are we stuck in a rut with tunnel vision, just afraid of the unknown and satisfied with what is comfortable no matter what. Perhaps we have major control issues in our society that won't allow us to trust people at that level. Maybe, for many, going to the office is a means of escape from other family situations. What do you think?

Are there any virtual assistants out there who can share their experiences and tell us what the fears are? Are there any bosses of virtual assistants out there who can tell up their perspectives, both positive and negative? I'd really like an answer to some of my previous questions. What is the world afraid of? Does anyone think that we will be 80% virtual within 10 years?

Well I think that this might be our future. That more and more people will work from their home office. This can save traveling time, traveling expenses, rentals for offices and many stuff. I think that main problem of this way of working is that you need to organize yourself very good. For me it is like you have more freedom, and I think that this way people can be more creative. But not too shore about 10 years and 80%, more like 40%, I wouldn't give it more. I think people need to get used to this idea more.