Hello everyone. I am a woman, 37 years old and I just keep having that acne every single month. I think that this situation is getting worse and I really don't have an idea why this happens. I didn't have those problems when I was a teen and now I do have it. What to do? Is this a sign of some disorder or what? Anyway, I really would like to know what are the most common causes of adult acne and how to get rid of it? I am planning to see my dermatologist, but just in case, I want to hear what other people are thinking about this. 

It doesn't matter if you are 7, 17 or 37, you can still have that acne like you are reaching the puberty. Maybe this, what I am going to write to you, seems really funny, but it is a fact. Maybe you are cleaning your face too intensely and frequently. Even if it is a good thing to clean your face, rubbing it constantly with different products can make it only worse - causing acne as well. Your dermatologist can help you find the proper cure, but some of the effective cures in adult acne treatment are salicylic acid and glycolic acid. 

Celebrity

Hello. I believe that you do know now that everyone can have this boring struggle with acne. Sometimes, we think that we can't get rid of them. Sometimes that is true because it is very hard and a lot of people just gave up on it. So, the first thing that you can do is to visit your dermatologist. He can tell you more about this. I really don't know what is the best way to get rid of it, but I do know what are some of the causes. For example, some of the causes are the hormonal imbalance, pollution, maybe you are using some wrong products...

I see. But where I can get all of those acids? Do I need a doctors prescription to get it, do I need to ask my doctor for this? And I am really scared when I hear anything that has word "acid" in it. I am scared that something can go wrong, that I can make scars on my face with some acid. I am not sure, I am a little bit skeptical when it comes to those scars. I mean, my face is pretty much ruined and I don't want it to be ruined more? Any advice on this? How to act, how to treat...what to do. Forgive me, but I am confused....

What type of skin do you have? Because this plays a huge rule in determining your treatment. My good friend had really sensitive skin and that is why her doctor prescribed a retinol in her case. This is a vitamin A derivative, and it is known that this is a vitamin that the skin absorbs and converts to retinoic acid. She told me that she was really lucky because the doctor gave her one of the most effective treatments for acne. As far as I understand, it also has its collagen-building properties. Of course, you always need to seek for doctors prescription. 

I know what exactly you are going through. I am struggling with this problem for two years, even more, and I can't deal with it. I don't have a weapon to fight against it. And this all happened to me because of the stress, because another source of hormonal changes are caused by the stress that we are struggling with every day. My stress level was so high and I was aware of it. But I didn't want my family to see this at all. But when you are stressed, you have this organ called the adrenal gland that makes the stress hormone cortisol. It puts it out into the body to help the body deal with stress. It is maybe complicated. But I am sure that your doctor can explain this to you. I am sure that you will find a proper cure for your skin.

I definitely vote for Benzoyl peroxide. It works by actually killing the acne bacteria while exfoliating the pores at the same time while it killing that acne. But of course, there is something that you might not like about this, and one of those is that it's not so gentle as you might believe. Also, it can make skin really dry and irritated if you use too much, so you have to be moderate in using it. I was aware of this, but I was using it with every single advice that my doctor gave me. I am happy with this product. 

Well, my wife started to have all those problems when she gave a birth. I didn't believe that this could be a reason, but the first thing that the dermatologist told her when she made an appointment was all this about pregnancy and giving a birth to a baby. Why? Because when hormone levels change, oil production typically increases. And this is what happens during the pregnancy and after the pregnancy. She was using an oil-fighting cleanser that contains salicylic acid and is free of moisture-zapping benzoyl peroxide, and her dermatologist told her that every girl who has problems with acne can use it.