I would love if you could send me a list of foods I can eat on this diet. I have a whole list of do not eat, and am struggling to find things to eat.

I have been newly diagnosed with allergy to foods that contain nickel.  I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if licorice refers to all licorice or just black or red?  Thanks!

I also have a severe nickel allergy, officially diagnosed with a skin test by an allergist about a year ago, but have known about it since I was a teen and couldn't wear "cheap jewlery". The allergy test finally came after going to many doctors and dermatologists to find out why, in my early 30's, I had suddenly developed this horribly itchy and blistering oozy rash on my chest, and legs. Everyone kept saying it looked like an allergy to nickel, and after explaining to them that I don't regularly wear chainmail (haha), that there's no reason I would ever have nickel anywhere near shins and ankles, they would just treat me with steroids, it would go away, than come back as soon as I stopped taking the meds. When I asked one doctor why it kept coming back, he told me it was because i was and "enthusiastic scratcher". Trying to explain to him the rediculous severity of the internal itching I felt was pointless.  It wasn't until my allergist confirmed my nickel allergy and then told me to go home and look up "foods containing nickel", that I even knew this was a possibility. I have since been able to clear up the rash on my upper chest and upper thighs, but the rash on my legs, just above my ankles/botton of my shins, has never gone away, and still causes me tons of itching, and because of open sores, pain constantly.

Another item I'd like to add to the list of no-no foods, is hot dogs and processed meats, like balogna, salami, etc. These cause horrible reaction in my skin. Hope that helps someone here.

This is great site! Lots of great info on there. Thanks!

After breast cancer issues I developed allergies! I had Psoriasis on the bottom of both feet so bad I had to be in bed, crawl on my hands and knees to/from the bathroom! After breaking out in 2 types of rashes I went to my dermatologist for patch testing! I learn I was allergic to neosporin, ibruprofen and nickel. Once I stopped eating foods on the nickel list my Psoriasis cleared up and I could enjoy walking again. It seems flour, wheat, chocolate, tea and most vegetables/fruits grown in the ground I must avoid. If I fall back and eat any foods on the list then the itching, rash and Psoriasis returns. Its an eye opener and I decide this just wasn't worth indulging and get back on track!

I had other symptoms that popped up and after many tests and trips to the doctor to no avail I figured it out on my own! If one is allergic to latex then there's a problem with eating bananas, avocado, celery and other foods. I was eating a banana every day and when I decided to check out side effects eating bananas I learned this. I stopped eating bananas and my symptoms immediately went away. So now there are many foods I can't eat and struggle each day to stay clear of the bad symptoms.............I went to my allergist only to be told there is no way to reverse these allergies.

I hope this will help others with dermatitis issues, etc..............It was such a blessing for me to cure Psoriasis and be pain free and walk again.

Bleach will causes severe burning of the skin , 1-2 cups of bleach in a bath is dangerous advise to give

What vitamins an you take with nickel allergy

I'm not sure if you are still responding but I too am allergic to nickel in food and while I have found some lists that provide nickel contents in food if you have a more extensive list it would be extremely helpful to me.

Hi, I read this post and you said you have a list of low nickel foods from the Danish Health dept that you would translate. I have a friend who just got diagnosed with a nickel allergy and has a list, but it's not a great one and she is still having issues. If you could translate that list for me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance, Cheryl

I have a nickel allergy to foods.  I know that one of the items on the list that my doctor gave me was avocados potatoes i did not see these 2 items listed in you food list.

Can you give me a list of foods that are no problem to eat?

I was recently diagnosed with rosacea, and I kept telling the dermatologist it feels like a rash. It turns out it is a rash to nickel in foods, although I get the red rash right in the area where it would look like rosacea. I was drinking mochas daily and eating an extremely high nickel diet thinking I was helping myself by eating healthy foods. If you try a low-nickel diet and your face clears up, then you'll know it's not rosacea. Makes me wonder how many people are misdiagnosed and really it's a nickel allergy. Good luck to you. Hope this is helpful.

food grown where there are industries dumnping heavy metals into the water table is dangerous for everyone you dont have to be allergic. composting and organi=c soil is vital to health of the plants & our health & the animals too

I have had nickel allergy since I was 3. I couldn't eat many things, because of my allergy. Now 17, I developed toleration for many foods that contain nickel.

I just found out a week ago about my nickel allergy! I've had eczema for years but now it really make sence. Just had a donair tonight with tomatoes about 2 hours after my hand got super itchy!! Can't have any nuts or chocolate... Now I just have to keep track of what I eat and what make it flare up. Mean while they give me pills to detox my body ( taking the nickel out) it's for 3 weeks and it's helping