Funny you should mention cinnamon. I love it and use it on my oatmeal (another no no) every morning. I thought I was doing the right thing. I guess not. Problem is I am allergic to eggs and a bunch of other stuff that is allowed. I think I will start a styrofoam diet!!! Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Especially involving vitamins, sunscreen.

I would love your list of nickel list from the Danish Health Department. Is there a way I can get it in English? I have always had problems with jewelry, and now I have body itching and a rash. I am trying to limit food with high nickel levels, but I see a lot of contradictions. Please advise. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

It's been exactly 2 weeks since I'm following this issue and finally "jmcsilvap" says something that rings me a bell. I'll be travelling on my Eastern vacation to Europe. I wonder if I had an accident and required a metalic prothese, say to replace a knee or hip, what wuold be my chances of not getting nickel or titanium? Do they use any kind of metal indiscriminatelly? How are policies in the EU concerning such issue? Is there an European around that coudl give me an example of such scenario? For example, from accident until getting out of hospital? What are docs/emergency staff doing step-by-step? I'm not concerned about health insurances, since my insurance is very generous regarding accident coveraeg while abroad and don't think nickel or titanium would make much of a difference for them... though not the same about gold or platina I heard! Is this correct?

can you translate for me...i am having a hard time finding sites with foods containing and not containing nickel. I am finding conflicting ones too. Thank you

Hi, there, I doing a research about it at the moment, like people say it is not very well researched area but if you want to try low nickel diet try it carefully and make sure you have a varied diet. I have found many links including Indian Journal of Dermatology and Swedish Charity dealing with metal allergies. However yet again some certain products seems to be contradicting each other on different websites, so you just have to try and see whether these products cause a reaction or not, the best way is to always write a food diary.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

This is very sad, I am currently quitting my job as a chef because of Nickel allergy.

Can I get the translated English version

I am also allergic to nickel - I started writing about it on my blog  - I'm looking for guest bloggers and would appreciate your individual stories and methods of coping with this unique and challenging food allergy

Please translate in English

Thank you for the info. I also have a severe nickel allergy. Been avoiding a lot of food coz my skin itch and breakouts as soon as I eat food that has nickel. Now, I know what food to avoid. Thank you.
G

Licorice is not allowed if you have a nickel allergy.I just got dignosed with nickel allergy. CELL PHONES EMIT HIGH LEVELS OF NICKEL!!!!!You must wear gloves when handling your phone.I'm seeing an NAET allergy specialist in Thousand Oaks California and he is amazing!!!!! Hopefully with the treatment I will get my body back to normal. Usually nickel allergy goes hand in hand with high histamine levels in your body which need to be corrected too. 

My phone lives in a silicone case. I also used to have a macbook but even covering that with contact wasn't good enough so I had to get a laptop made from plastic.

UV light treatment and Rosehip oil to keep my skin hydrated are the only things that help to control my outbreaks. I'm unlucky in that my allergy is severe.

Good thing you've found someone that knows their stuff. I haven't been so lucky but I've found some good boards on Pinterest with good tips and food ideas. Unfortunately nickel allergies are for life once they settle in so it's all about management, identifying your triggers and coping with it as best you can.

My husband has been suffering with dishydrotic eczema on his hands for about 4 years. We have tried everything possible from steroids to organic soaps to nickle free diet! And the nickle free diet really helped to decrease his breakouts; however his hands would never clear up all the way. I found somewhere a study on beets blocking nickle in the body. I try to make beets at least once a week, and his has have totally cleared up and even eating chocolate vary in small portions having caused break outs! * by the way when my husband had cinnamon, he broke out really bad. I just didn't see cinnamon on your list. ;) hope this info helps!

I renectly been told i have a nickle allergy and to just avoid it where ever i can. I was crazy to think food too. How do you really know its in food that ur allergic. I mean ya i have the rash and itch contently and hives.. also lymph nodes swell up. Does that happen to anyone else? How do you know how far to go with it? I learned mine from the patch test.

That sounds just like me. After over a year of a low nickel diet, using phototherapy to treat my skin and making serious changes to reduce the amount of contact I had with nickel, I'm pleased to say the itching has definitely reduced. It's not gone, I don't expect it ever will, but it doesn't drive me crazy anymore. It does seem to be better this time of year (summer - southern hemisphere). It was worse in spring and winter so there does seem to be a bit of a routine to the itchiness.