Would you please translate to English for me? Thank you so mcuh!

Yes, I agree, the list contradicts other lists. So now I will go online again to try to find a better list!

I have recently been diagnosed with a systemic nickel allergy. I am very interested in your translated lists that you make note of in this post. Could you email them to me? Thank you

Yes. My father was affected this way. The literature confirms that not only physical illnesses due to a weakened immune system, but also psychiatric problems like severe depression are possible with Nickel allergies. Talan Spies

Were you ever able to get the list translated? I just found out that I am also sensitized to nickel and am trying to follow the Penn State diet I found online. I just don't feel like it is all inclusive because I still continue to have breakouts. I know this post is over a year old and was also wondering if your daughter has had success with cutting out high nickel foods? I have spoken to many folks who have the contact alergy but no one with a food issue.

I also have Dyshidrosis caused directly by Nickel allergy in food. I have no external nickel allergy as far as I know.

It's Oatmeal for me that sets it off most clearly. And it is a slow accumulating thing for me, so only gets bad if I eat oatmeal a few days in a row (but I don't find out that was a problem until a few days later). I would say avoid oatmeal at all costs, and to a lesser extent the other items listed.

Hi everyone, I have suffering of eczema for the past ten years, on and off. Now suddenly I have developed a rush around my mouth. My lips also swell with a burning sensation. I have had very little help from doctor, so I decided to see what other countries think of allergies. Italian doctors recognize that Nickel is one of the causes of skin rashes - allergies. There is a list which starts from the fruit and vegetable with the most Nickel content, to the lowest. I will go back to it and post the list on this site.

I know all of these comments were from over a year ago so hopefully someone will answer me. I've recently been diagnosed with a severe nickel allergy, and I'm finding that there is so much conflicting info about dietry guidelines. Does anyone have a link to anything that actually contains the nickel content in foods, instead of just low/medium/high? I think that'd be really helful. I'm vegetarian, always have been and always will be so I need to be really careful about figuring out my new diet. Thanks.

Yes it does seem like all the information out there is conflicting. I have been dealing with nickel allergy since February and feel like no one is the same. My dr pumped me with steroids and told me to wear gloves at work (I Work in an office and handle forms right of the printer all day) and don't eat anything out of a can. I bought a book called "Nickel Allergy, the new gluten" by Jordan Taylor. She talked about her dad and his experience. Again contradicting other articles I have read but one take away was we can't fight it with diet alone. She talks about supplements her dad tried and the affect it has had. I've started taking optiMSM and also take a vitamin C with every meal. My issue now is I have not been totally clear of break outs so I can't figure out what is causing them. Another issue is I don't know how long it takes to have a reaction to something I've eaten. I am not a vegetarian but have read that it will be really tough. I have lost 25 lbs and didn't need to lose any so trying to maintain and not lose any more. I have worked with a dietitian but not a lot of help because the allergy is so unique. I don't think I have been much help to you as I am still struggling with it. My next steps are trying to detox using extraction oils and also looking into acupuncture. Have heard good things about that. Good luck to you and I hope something I have said has helped in some way.

Hi, I would like to come in contact with you as I can very much relate to what you say. I am curious to what you know about Nickel Allergy Syndrome and Celiac Disease? I have had a biopsy where they found I had celiac diease , but my blood work was negative. I got a little better after going gluten free, but I get a lot of serious symptoms after eating food high in nickel. I did quit as a hairdresser way back in 1990 due to nickel/cobalt and some other allergies, my hands were the only areas affected at the time. I do no longer have sings on my hands, but I get extremely sick after eating choclate i.e. I have fainted.  Thanks:-)

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Greetings from a nickel allergy sufferer,  For about 3 years I've been dealinng with a blistery, intensly itchy rash progressing over most of my body.  I sstopped eating several kinds of grain as well as bananas and avocados which helped somewhat.  

Just a month ago with information from a  dermatologist and an allergist / immunologist I also removed tomatoes and potatoes from my diiet.  In just a few days since, I have a life without  the constant rash and itch.   I thank God I am free and no longer use tube after tube of the prescription cream.   

Grapes???? What about grapes?? I have searched and nothing has said grapes specificly had Nickel in them but I just got done eating Muscadine Grapes and  eye's are doing what they normally do when I come in contact with Nickel. I am just wondering because I am trying to think back on what I have done differently today so that I want do it anymore to cause my eyes to get ichy, big, and blister. I was going to see if I could rule grapes out or if they could possible be the root to my problem

One suggestion is to find a cellular immunology dermatologist, an allergist or rheumatologist who knows how to do desensitization.  This would entail taking small amounts of what you are allergic to at gradually increasing doses, allowing your immune system to build up a tolerance to those foods, so that the immune system does not react.

I know that this works with antibiotics, so why not food substances.  Call around to find a doctor that does this.  You might check first at academic hospital centers.  My sister is being worked up for a nickel food allergy, and this is what she is seeking to have done. Hope that helps.

I have no trouble with California seedless grapes. My eyes were extremely affected by the nickel screws etc. that held the nose pieces to the glasses. I am now wearing Silhouette nickel free glass - expensive but worth it. My eyes now react less. I thought I had an really bad reaction to summer grass pollens but it was sweat in contact with the nickel in my glasses. I avoid processed food (I think because of the nickel in stainless steel), hydrogenated oils of any kind and soy of any kind and yes chocolate too. I usually react in hours. Coloured paper esp yellow invoices cause problems too as well as touch screens on cell phones and ebooks (cover is plastic now).

It is likely that your razor blades are the culprit. If you shave your legs, try using "titanium coated blades". This helped for me!!