Diagnosed with nickel allergy!!! Help please!! Started the to take nickel out of my diet and saw a difference in horrible skin rash. Could you send me the Danish list of foods to eat on low nickel diet. Thank you.

Try this. Starting on pg. 108 it shows the nickel content of many common foods.
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Food/FoodSafety/FoodContaminantsAdulteration/TotalDietStudy/UCM184301.pdf

I have a diagnosed nickel allergy. It was found after parch testing for 48 hours. My nickel patch didn't react until 24 hrs after it was put on, so sometimes reactions take longer than 20 mins. Also, the diet thing is for real. In fact, when I came in with bleeding itchy hands, I thought it might be gluten, and my allergist immediately speculated it was nickel and as I observed a low nickel diet, I significantly improved. However, we also found I was allergic to certain chemicals in soaps, shampoos, and lotions, and of course those were going on my hands. But as for nickel, my highest offender is whole grain, and chocolate not far behind. I'm still learning as I go still....

Google: PennState Hershey Dermatology's low-nickel diet. There's a list there. It's the list my allergy gave me.

You are right on target. I had o change all the products that touch my body. I found a product - Branch Basics - on line. I use it for laundry, cleaning bathrooms, etc. It is only online. They are very helpful and really nice people. Small co. I also try to use products for hair, etc. with the least amt. of ingredients. You need to check all labels. Even in health food stores and other higher end brands. It is sometimes difficult.

I was diagnosed with an allergy to nickel in food by the University of WI Madison. I am following a low nickel diet. However, I am also researching systemic nickel allergy in medical journals and am finding that no two academic sources agree on anything beyond "Don't eat chocolate, legumes, oats or canned food" I would very much like the danish health department advice. thanks

I have a rare severe allergy to nickel. If I eat greens, potatoes, anything from a can, or cooked on stainless steel. In most part nothing that grows from the ground as there is natural nickel in soil. There are no treatments that I know of and I have checked everything. I had titanium implants in my feet that I had to have taken out right away as I developed an allergy to titanium and titanium dioxide as well. The only thing the doctors can come up with is there is nickel in titanium. I have given up on all makeup unless it it natural like earths beauty and revuja minerals and even that is minimal. All jewelry has to be 14 to 18kt gold. If you have Eczema rashes, typically if you have a severe reaction to nickel it could be food related. Even stainless steel silverware could cause issues. I have switched to ceramic pots and pans, ceramic knives and I use plastic silverware. You are not alone nickel allergies affect a third of the population. Severe allergy like mine is only .5%. But I think it may be greater as its not as well known as it should be

Hi you that have nickel in food allergy can you help me 2 ? Everything I eat either makes me sick or makes me want to tear my skin of :-/ if anyone can help for example I do not know where to get fibre or how to make a nickel low dinner so I won't become sick please contact me  it would be so helpfully :-)

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

hi i am allergic to nickle and I have been suffering too. But I have been researching and I heard that Infrared saunas detox metals including nickle from the body. I also learned that people who are deficiant in zinc will have a problem sometimes. the nickle resembles zinc in the body and it adheres to the dna. so you have to take zinc daily and l-methione 15 before breakfast and glutathione after. each day. also a special trained accupuntureist who doesNAET. look into it!

I have just found your info about your nickel allergy. After years of different treatments I found out through a patch test that my skin problem has its source in nickel. I was not given any list from the doctor about the food I should avoid, though she mentioned it. On the Internet there is a lot of contradictory information, so I do not know which list is right.

Could you, please, send me that list in English.

Cheers,
Anita

I have suffered from allergies for years, meds, needles, etc., etc. Went to various Dermas who gave the arm rashes various names and various creams, to no avail. The most recent visit was to my Acupuncture. He tested and found many chemical allergies, food allergies and environmental allergies. There is no way I could avoid all of these (formaldehyde, metals, ingredients found in hair and skin products, body and clothes washing, and the list goes on. So he tried a new strategy that has worked for him recently, testing and treating with allergens so I can build up an immunity. I am presently on a month long experiment, keeping an anecdotal record. Will write again soon. Ellen 

Thank you so much for this i have struggled with this allergy without diagnosis for a long time and yesterday it was confirmed that i am extremely allergic to nickel 3+ and i want to make a change starting with my diet. please can you translate the list for me. Also do you still eat out at restaurants? i am happy to carry my own cutlery but also need to consider how the food is prepared

I am allergic to nickel. I have had a severe rash on my hands for almost two years. Had no idea that nickel could be the problem. I've known that i was allergic to shell fish. Thought that's because of iodine. Doctor just kept giving me steroids creams for the hands. Get a bit better and right back again. Getting some allergy test done soon. Just got done taking prednisone for twenty one days, that is such a bad med. It gave me anxiety depression ,migraine hradaches. Don't take if you can avoid. Hand are clear for now. I use ceraVe for hand lotion. Now just have to see what might make it act up.I have it on my feet as well. Brooke out in a rash from p my sheets and a shirt I had on one day. The rash was so itchy like a burning itch

Polyester sheets and clothing

Watch out for polyester too.