OK here is a little background.  I am a 22 year old female who has been dealing with lower right quadrant pain for almost 10 years.  I have been to the er more times than I can count.  Each time they think its appendicitis but everything comes back normal.  The last time (3 weeks ago) they thought I had crohns disease.  I had my colonoscopy today which showed a normal colon.  I have been scoped, scanned and tested with no relief.  This week has been bad enough for me not to go to work.  Now I know that chronic appendicitis is rare but my body likes to do weird things.  6 months ago I had what I thought were gallbladder attacks. Had ultrasound, ct scan, and hida scan, all were normal.  It got the point where I was eating nothing but crackers and had lost 10 pounds.  Im 120 so 10 pounds is very noticable.  Finally my GI doc said go to the er and get a surgical consult, the next morning my gallbladder was removed and showed chronic inflammation.  The er doc was suprised and extremely interested in all of this.  So to make a long story kinda short.  Could my appendix be doing the same thing my gallbladder did.  My current symptoms are RLQ pain, low grade fever, nausea and rebound tenderness.  I just need answers, I am losing my mind here.

The most obvious solution is - have the appendics removed. It's a minimal and routine surgery, you will recover so quickly you won't even notice (compared to gallbladder removal which is also considered one of the easier procedures, as far as recovery is concerned). I don't understand why haven't they taken it out when there was a doubt - they did mine and it was completely healthy, but still. When this is concerned, there really is absolutely no need to go into medical debate about rare chronic appendicitis - in any case the solution is simple - removal.