my period is late, and i suspect i had implantation bleeding.. it was not even an eye drops worth of blood.. it was a light pink brownish looking color... and that was on the 9th.. and if i am pregnant.. when could i take a home test? and yes i have an appointment at my doctors but thats a couple weeks away, and i am curious.....

I am having the same thing! August my period was almost a week late. I finally got it around September 2, 2010. Then it lasted the normal 5 or 6 days. I have been trying to get pregnant since my last miscarriage in Jan. 2010. No luck...in fact I have had pelvic infections. I seeked help from my OBGYN. I have not used birth control at all since Jan 2010. My husband and I really want to have a baby but we are not going crazy over it. We just want it to happen on its own. We always have unprotected sex. So now I was expecting my period on October 2, 2010. I normally have cycles 30 days apart. It didn't come and I have taken 4 prego tests but all negative. The same thing happened to me in Jan. I got 5 negative tests and 1 positive test. I normally have really horrible cramps and sore breasts right before I get my period and heavy bleeding. Yesterday October 5, 2010 I noticed after I used the bathroom that when I wiped I had a very light pink color and so very very light cramping. Today Oct. 6th I am having a brownish color bleeding that is really light the size of a nickle. I am having heartburn, food cravings for tart flavored foods and salty stuff, cranky, and I took a nap the other day and I never do! I am bloated. But this is just so out of the normal for me when I get my period. I don't want to want a baby so bad I trick my body into thinking I am pregnant. My health insurance just ran out so I can't go to my doctor until my husband starts his new job in a few weeks. I have been waiting to get pregnant for 9 months now. Good luck and I hope everything works out how you want it too!

Oh and as of when you can test I would wait until a week after your missed period....let the hormone build in your system because a lot of people get a false negative. The hormone builds in women differently. My friend tests 5 days before her missed period and got a positive result and my other friend had to wait a week until she got a positive test.