My penis started itching like CRAZY about 3 weeks ago. I am not circumcised. The location is on the head near where the foreskin joins, as well as the foreskin itself. There is NO rash or marks, and there is NO discharge. There is NO bad smell coming from the area. I have not changed soaps or detergents. After itching and scratching it does become red and swollen, however resides after a few hours.

I thought it might have been a yeast infection, so I have tried canesten cream (active ingredient clotrimazole 10mg/g). While this does reduce itching for a couple of hours, it quickly returns. This also seems to dry out my foreskin badly.

Can anybody suggest what is going on down stairs? %-)

hey man, i would try switching soap you use in the shower to wash down there and possibly what soap you wash your clothes in. normally it seems if someone is allergic to their soap or detergent they start itching and having a rash on other parts of their body too. are there times throught the day when you notice it itching more example at night or shortly after you shower? the reason it becomes red and swollen after you sctatch it is simply because your causing some irritationby doing that. havce you tried any allergy medicine suck as claratin, benedryl, or zertec? i would recomend starting with benedryl but it does make a lot of people very tired so i would try it at night when it wont matter if you fall asleep. claratin is very simmilar to benedryl but doesnt cause drowsiness so that might be a good one to try durrring the day.

it probably wouldnt hurt getting it checked out by your doctor.

let us know if we can help more :-)

I am experancing the same thing, sept its all over down there, and also includes the tounge and everywhere else. I would like to know what it is.

An itchy penis is one of the most common problems a guy can have; usually there’s a rash or some other obvious cause but other times the itchiness is a reaction to a chemical with no visible signs. In addition to using a very mild cleanser, try using a high quality penis nutrient cream (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil). For good results, find one that includes a really superior emollient, like shea butter. Good luck!

....its not from chemicals, cause I have not used any chemicals, cause I have not used any chemicals lately besides water, soap, and shampoo that when rinsing off runs off down there when washing my hair...so its not that....

I've had an itchy penis for about 3 months now. Been to about 5 doctors. I think i irritated it from sex and then unknowingly used shower soap for weeks that made it worse. It took a couple months to figure out the soap was the problem but now it still wont go away. I havent used soap for a week or two on my penis, been to the doctor and he gav me some steroid/fungal creme which made it worse. I'm running out of ideas and getting worried. Has anybody cured this and how?

An itchy penis is horrible!!  Same thing happened to me.  I'm sure I freaked more than a few people out cause I was constantly fidgeting around down there.  Anyway, the only thing that worked for me was a penis health creme.  These are made specically for the skin down there and if you get one with Vitamin E and some other natural ingredients, you might get some relief.  Check it out and good luck. 

Man1 Man Oil is a good moisturizer with vitamin E to try (george mentioned it above). But getting tested for some type of infection isn't a bad idea. Hopefully it's just dry skin.

seems i have the same problem no redness no bumps nothing looks perfectly normal doc's did blood work and swabs everything was fine they have no idea what it is they acted like i was making it up honestly after the third time i went back its very annoying to say the least. ive tried switching soaps both bath and laundry diff lotions ect nothing seems to help on a side note my wide says my penis is amazingly soft and smooth now so i guess i got that going for me.

If you can get your hands on some try breast milk or better make breast milk lotion. My husband used it bc I have it for our baby and he said it went away completely! He said it's a miracle worker!

Is it breast milks from Cambodia?

Went to doc.same problem..Yeast infection..and it caused Thrust mouth ..Doc gave me a special mouthwash to gargle and then swallow cleared up in five days everything

Use venno baby wash. And soak in venno oatmeal bath..And air dry.

Breast milk.. U made my dayyy

mine just came one day when i was little and wore a specific type of underwear, i was seven it came back when i was 9 and now i am 13 and it hasn't come since now