I live in the tropics in South East Asia. I don't have much money so I wanted to ask here first. Plus at the hospitals English is spoken a little bit, but it's really hard to explain all of this without them quickly prescribing something that's probably incorrect.

A couple months ago I got jock itch due to me sweating constantly. A little bit after I got these itchy bumps and welts on my butt. (I added a link to a photo below.) The bumps are red and not big, but sometimes underneath them is some type of welt with no color but it's raised a bit and firmer than the surrounding skin. They itch constantly and badly, the same as the jock itch did. Usually I'll have the bumps and the bad itching for 5-10 days or so and then it goes away for a couple days, then comes back. It's been like this for about 2 months.

For the jock itch, I got some Lamisil and it cleared that right up after about 4 days. I put it on my butt also thinking it could also be some type of fungal infection, but it didn't help. I told a "pharmacist" at a local sidewalk "pharmacy" and she first suggested an anti-fungal cream. I said I tried that, so she gave me a small tube of "triamcinolone acetonide". It said it's for "skin allergy and inflammatory dermatoses". That night I applied a large amount to my butt. The next morning it was gone. I applied it every day until I ran out, and they began coming back after 2 days.

I've been reading online and it sounds like it could be herpes, but does herpes really itch constantly and badly like this? Does it sound like herpes to you guys? That would be a real downer...

Sorry to put you through this, but here's a picture I took of my butt: http://i48.tinypic.com/ilj9s2.jpg

If you could give me any advice I would really appreciate it. As I said before, money is very tight for me and even though it's much cheaper in SE Asia, I can't do trial and error with medications right now. Thanks!

I am experiencing same thing ... did you ever find a cure or ever got the right treatment for your condition ? Thank you .

What is this disease?