Hey folks,I have a raised scab 5mm wide & 1cm long halfway between my ankle and knee on the outside of my right leg that wont heal and hasn't for a year now.Yes, it started as a small scab that itched and since my scratching, it seemed to have set up a permanent home on my leg. Now when the scab is 2 weeks old (after being picked off), it is dry, EXTREMELY itchy and tender to touch for the surrounding skin.However, when i pull the scab off, i can see up to 5 or 6 soft white bits attatched to it. The itching stops immeadiately and i've just found that when i squeeze the whole sore after removing the scab, a hardened white ball/core 2mm in diameter comes out and the pain completely goes but the blood starts flowing heavier.the pain & itchiness might leave for a few days, but sure enough it returns and we end up back at square 1.Obviously it regenerates quickly- but when I started taking probiotics, it stopped itching quite as bad as it was, however, i'm still on them and it is now back to its original annoying self.DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS SOUNDS LIKE???? =(

it sounds like a syst. i had one on the back of my neck and had to surgically have the core removed. get it checked and tested for MERSA. it can comme from anywhere basically. its quite more common than ud think. good luck

Morgellons, you can read about it and come to your own conclusions.

Sounds like ringworm. Do you have jock itch, athletes foot, deformed nail fungi too? Do you own a a cat. Try topical terbinafine hydro-chloride 1% creme available OTC at your neighborhood pharmacy.

Hi I have a scab that grows and then it falls off but grows back and this never stops its been doing this for about five years what is this it itches to drives me nuts can you healp me

I had a scab on my leg that wouldn't go away. When I picked it there were always white nubs or finger looking things on it. I finally had it checked out and it was skin cancer. They had to do a skin graph because it was on my shin.