Hi, I am a 12 year old girl and i feel unsecure about my weight.  I wouldn't if it weren't for my best friend who only weighs 78 pounds.  I weigh about 95 pounds and a lot of my friends weigh like 80 pounds.  Summer is coming up and I want to look and feel better about myself.  Its spring break and im planning on working out everyday...please help...any work out ideas?

It's actually common for girls to range around your weight! You also have to consider the heights and how all the weight is distributed throughout the body! I don't judge by numbers but by how it looks (since my weight doesn't change much >->) So what is a good start is by beginning to make sure to: •Stretch your body •Go for a random jog or play outside •While watching TV, do some yoga or palattes (Ex would be doing an upper push up position and lift a leg up but not the butt, or get on your back and lift both legs up and lower then stay in the lowered position) •Eat a lot of vegetables! •Stay away from sugar, a lot of carbs, juice, and POP. Stay away from it! For anything else (more ways etc) or better skin; all those things just message me! :) Good luck!

Hey, do NOT obsess over your weight - focusing on negative amps up any problem (or non-problem) you have. We are all different. That being said, the biggest problem of teen girls today is lack of exercise, so your desire to fix that is great! Start with what you can do - accept yourself where you are at and pick things that you like. Fitness is a life-time deal so go for the stuff that will not bore you to tears in a few days. Listen to your body on how fast to boost time and reps and weight.

You will be amazed at how fast your body responds - but not in one or two days, so aim for the edge between pleasant tired and sore.

I personally like Zumba (R), hip-hop aerobics, swimming, cycling (or spinning if the roads are not safe for you), free weights, push-ups, bicycle exercise  Check out You-tube for a LOT of exercises and suggestions, for example:

***post is edited by moderator *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Others like machines, sit-ups.

Have fun! Don't get bored. Don't obsess. Vary your routine. DO work-out with friends, get your buddies involved.   

James Smeltzer MD