Hi
I'm Ruby, im 14 (just turned 14 in November) and i weigh 510lbs - i've tried losing weight before but cant do it! I Don't have the energy to do as much exercise is required to lose weight and i love food too much!
I don't want surgery to solve it as i've heard negative things about it but every website i look at does not help!
Being this fat has caused major problems in my life so far - ive had to leave school (I couldn't do PE even when i was there) and the canteen was too tempting for me and i dont have many friends so i rarely leave the house and binge most days - ive almost put on 55lbs since last year alone and i can't stop it on my own - im really worried about how this is affecting my health and mobility as it is already very hard for me to walk short distances without getting out of breath! Are there doctors who specialise in fat people of my age? Is there someone who i cant talk to, to help? Thanks!

Hi Ruby,

The best person to start with is your doctor. There may be a medical issue that is contributing to your weight loss. I'm not talking about surgery, just go and get a good physical exam. Tell them your concerns and ask what you can do.

There are people that can and will help you.

Keep us posted.

Its me again...im now 520lbs and found it really hard to get out of my bed today - is that normal for someone of my size? i actually could not lift myself up and needed help from my sister.
What exercises can i do to help lose the weight considering my mobility issues - i cant do push-ups or sit-ups...walking is difficult as it is, let alone jogging or running.
Im worried that if i get too much bigger im going to become completely immobile and wont be able to lose the weight at all.

well there could be a lot of things wrong.like me ive gained wieght bcuz of my hormones being unbalanced.i feel the only way to lose that weight is through the depo shot,the doctors dont believe me,but they dont know anybodys bodies,explore what is your problem and ask yourself how u can change it.you can have depression,tyroid problems,look thing up and dont take no for an answer.doctors just want money and they think its all in our heads that we are fat.but not everybody can lose weight easy.some ppl have to get to know their bodies and find different methods that work.i hope you can lose weight.i have a 14 yr old daughter and she has been teased at school just bcuz of a little weight,i dont see it,but i was also teased,for a little weight.teenagers can be so cruel.but do it for yourself and your health.if u drink soda,cut that out completly and i guarente that you'll lose some wieght.good luck

Once again, its me. I have tried everything i can, and im sorta pleased. Whilst Ive not lost or maintained weight, Ive slowed the gain. If i kept at the rate i was, i could have been over 800lbs (Which thankfully i am not, as that could totally destroy any of the weight-loss hope i still retain) At one point i was eating so much that i was almost adding 2lbs to my body each day - i didn't even know that was possible!
I now weigh 580 or so, and i seem to be slowing to a stop in terms of piling on weight. Hopefully i wont go over 590 or 600lbs...in the unlikely event i do, if i went over 610, then i'd then really get upset...BUT I HOPE NOT TO. I've recently made friends struggling with their weight (although not in as bad a situation as me), at a weight loss place Ive been going to (The equivalent of weight watchers.) I personally do not have the energy nor determination as of the moment to attend many of the sessions, but the ones i have gone to have helped me make like minded friends who don't care about what i weigh, which has completely changed my attitude to life and losing weight. Before, i hoped to lose it somehow, as if by magic...now i have a reason to live and lose and know i need to work for it, which i am prepared to do. In turn this has taken me away from the food and made me feel better as a whole...although it hasn't actually helped me drop a single pound.
I know im not with the all clear yet, and still have a lot of work to do, and a long way to go...but i think i might just be able to do it.

I would like to know how i can do this on my own. I don't wish to involve doctors or anyone. What exercises am i fit for? and what goals should i set?
What weight can i one-day get down to?

OP here.
The other week i thought i had got somewhere. I was no longer gaining as much weight as i had, but i seem to have gone back to my old habits and don't seem capable of controlling them. What can i do? As i said before - this website is probably my last hope, yet i seem to be getting no help whatsoever!
Here i am - 14 and a bit, over a quarter of a ton and struggling with my every day life, and ive just about given up - no body seems able to help me.

At least you're young...its a little bit easier to lose weight when you're younger. I'd say to stick around your WW group, and try to get some support at home with whoever is buying the food to help to make healthier choices from here on out. Being only 15 means that you can start making new habits that are more in line with things that don't make you gain as much weight.

You will probably never be "thin"...but you might lose 100lbs or so over the next few years if you're diligent about it.

Where has your weight gone this last 5 months? Any progress/setbacks?