Okay, so I've been researching a lot about this, but I haven't been getting very straight answers. So may as well ask my question directly and get some new answers.
I want to lose some weight before the summer, I'm getting snug in the jeans. We just got a treadmill at home and I've been using it for about 70 minutes a day at an intense rate. I have also been using weights for my arms and doing sit ups. About 2 weeks ago I took a diet pill (Hydroxycut) and since then I've been eating about... a meal a day. And I haven't been drinking much water.
If I keep running on the treadmill for 70 minutes a day, doing about 50 sit ups and biking, along with eating a meal a day and fruits now and again with some water, will that help me lose weight quick?
If it's at all helpful, I weigh 135, I'm 5'5 and the fat is sitting in the "love handle" region.

Search "Speed 8" by Dr Joseph Mercola. Its a very time efficient system that you can do on a treadmill - for about one hour per week. Mercola has changed from the aerobic approach that you are doing (which he has been doing for 40 years). The Speed 8 system system is meant to naturally promote your Human Growth Hormone - a natural anti-aging component.

Also look at the "Clean Program" by Dr Junger (a cardiologist). Its a 21 day detox that will shed weight quickly. He has many quality testimonials including some Hollywood celebrities.

Combine both approaches. Google both topics.

Probably, you are on the right track, just keep it up and I'm sure you will really lose your weight.

No, No, No. This is not a healthy way to go on a diet. Like I say to everyone, consider it a lifestyle change, not a diet. What you are doing isn't right. It's not healthy. You are doing great with your exercising keep it up, but I need you to do a few things. 1. Drop the diet pill. Most diet pills DO NOT WORK. They take away weight from fluids and once you drink, you gain the weight back. They also have bad side effects and are not healthy for your body. 2. You are depriving yourself of food. Eat three times a day, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Trust me, if you keep doing this, your "diet" will backfire. It happened to me. Also, if you deprive yourself, your body will actually *STORE* fat even more, because your body will go into emergency mode and it will assume that you are starving. Eat three meals a day + a snack in between lunch + dinner. Eat more vegetables and fruit and drink lots of water. Cut down on fat content and sugar content. You can count calories if you want. If you change what you are doing and go by what I wrote, you will do fine TRUST ME. I lost 50 pounds. Good Luck. - Nadine