Hey guys. I am a 10 y.o. male, i weigh 85lbs. I am 4'9. I play basketball & baseball. I am very active and healthy. But, i am self-concioius abt my weight. I really wanna weigh 76-79lbs becuz then i wouldnt be fat. An overweight kid for my age is 89 punds. I weighed that last week. I really wanna cut down on what i eat. I have a routine. It goes like this.

Wake up at 5:00AM

50 Sit-Up's
20 Crunches
10 push-ups

Go to school

Have breakfest( no more then 3 things)

20 sit-ups outside
5 crunches outside
5 push-ups outside

Get home

Eat 1 thing( less then 45 carbs and 10 surgar)

100 sit-ups
50 crunches
10 push-ups

Eat dinner( with water )

100 sit-ups
50 crunches
10 push-ups

Repeat for 2 weeks.

That is pretty much how i have it figured out.If anyone has a bettter exercise, tell me.

Hey there....

Here is my opinion for you - I think that's a little extreme for your age buddy. You should focus on eating healthy, and getting some exercise, but I don't know if you need to do what you're doing. First, you will naturally slim down a bit as you go through puberty, so I don't think it is something you have to worry about THAT much right now, and second, you are basically the correct weight for your age and height. Here are some facts for you:

For someone 4'9", 79-97 lbs is considered the "ideal weight". You are right in that "ideal" range already.

For a 10 year old male, 4'7" is the average height, so you are slightly taller than the average 10 year old.

For a 10 year old male, 70 lbs is the average weight. Since you are a little taller (and I presume closer to 11 than 10 due to your other posts), I don't think you are that far above average that you need to be obsessed with fixing your weight right now. Judging by all the charts I am looking at, AT LEAST 25% of 10 year olds weight at least 90 lbs. By the way, the average weight for an 11 year old at 4'9" tall is 80 lbs.

Anyway, overall, you may weight slightly more than you should at your age and height - but lil man - no one is meant to be perfect! There is so much obsession over weight that it leads to eating disorders, etc. My advice - stay healthy. Watch what you eat a little, and make sure you stay active and don't sit in front of the computer, TV or video games all the time. Let puberty take it's course a little. I think with all of those things, you will find yourself more happy with your body in a couple years. Take the time right now to just be a kid...before you even know it the opportunities to be a kid will slowly disappear - enjoy every moment you can right now - there will be PLENTY of time to worry about the other stuff later!

Be good, relax, have fun, and let us know if we can help anymore!

But the problem is is that everyone at my school in my class weighs less than me. They weigh 70-80lbs. Except madelyn, she weighs 114.Anyway, im fat cuz Wii Fit told me so.

Boy!! You know better than to change your lifestyle because of Wii Fit! Haha.

Listen - even if you are a little overweight, you are NOT fat - and I still want you to read what I wrote above. I bet everything will balance itself out for you. Your routine you are talking about is way to the extreem. If you want, do some sit ups and push ups and maybe go for a jog in the morning or before bed - but what you are proposing is way too much for your age in my opinion.

Well, im gonna go take a jog outside and maybe listin to some music while doing sit ups and push ups and crunches. Thanks Taz^^ Your really helpful

My pleasure dude!! Anything I can give you advice on just yell! Have fun and be careful.

I think Taz's general advice is spot on.
I'd add: Try having breakfast before going to school. Include plenty of protein in this meal. Breakfast should (in an ideal world) be the largest meal of the day, lunch a little smaller, and dinner the smallest.

Avoid processed food. It is junk. Calories without nutrients.

Get a good balance of aerobic (jogging, swimming...) exercise and resistance exercise (push ups, situps..)

Don't obsess about this. Your body is about to go through all sorts of changes. Try and stay healthy, and let things start to stabilize before making any big lifestyle changes.

Most important is to get the correct nutrients your body needs. What sorts of things are currently included in a typical days' eating?

Usually, just,

Breakfeast: Nothing or a biscut

Lunch: Whatever they serve at school

Dinner: Whatever my dad fixes

Snacks: Chips,Poptart( 1 evry 2 weeks probably)

That looks pretty junky to me. Depends on what the ingredients are in "whatever they serve at school" and "what your dad fixes."
Try to move toward a good high protein breakfast. Something like scrambled eggs on toast.
Also it's a good idea to have vegetables with every main meal, a salad, or similar.
Many parts of the world vegetables are almost unheard of; they are vital for supplying what the body needs.
Fruit, too.
Try to avoid what's called "empty carbs". Biscuits, etc. These will make you fat and stuff up your insulin/blood sugar levels, without supplying much of what the body needs.
Replace with fresh fruit, or a sandwich made with whole wheat/whole grain bread.
Oils are important. Fish oil and cold pressed vegetable oil are excellent sources of nutrition.
Soya products contain Phytoestrogen, which mimics female hormones. Not good for a 10yo boy.