right i need you opinions please. im 22 years old. me and my partner are both female and have been going through ivf. unfortunately 1st cycle failed in feb 2012 after a 3 day embryo transfer. we have recently started a fresh cycle and this time had a grade a blastocyst transfer. they told us to do the pregnancy test on 4th july 2012. we did and unfortunately it was negative. was gutted as really thought it would work. anyway today which would have been day 17 after embryo transfer, i went to the loo this morning and had started my period (very slightly) but a clear gooey clot appeared (size of a 50p piece) i know its too early to tell a pregnancy but could that have been a successful pregnancy if i had of ignored the test and carried on taking drugs prescribed? (got prescribed oral tablets, estradiol patches and also pessaries) please help as my mind is going into overload

Its a possible you are pregnant still or you had a early miscarriage. Honestly the only time you have clots like that is if its a misscarriage. But you should go to the doctor

Successful IVF in 35 years, my girlfriend gave birth in 36 years. Three fresh protocols (one of them successful) + cryo. From the first attempt to pregnancy was exactly 1 year and 3 months. Of course with age, the effectiveness of the protocols probably falls. Although judging by our forum, while here half of the participants are more than 35 years old - there is some cunning in this. The forum is full of girls, and they have a failure after failure. And the answer to the most important question is why failure? - get one from doctors. And the rest painfully sort out all 50 possible causes, including age. Explaining the failure of age - it's useless. Because we are no longer young. It seems to me that we need to make a protocol methodically and almost mechanically. Analysis of the situation - restoration - the protocol and so on until the very pregnancy. Just do it all. The result will be required. The main thing is to choose a good doctor!