Hi, scary at first, but now quite common in my life, I have jolts before sleep. And still, after 5 years of jolting, can`t get used on those sudden falls. Last night, just before falling asleep, I fell off the bed, straight on my back. I don`t drink alcohol, I don`t smoke... Why is this happening to me?

Scary as it sounds, but your troubled jolting before sleep is a common thing, called hypnagogic jerks. I know that jolting can be alleviated by alcohol, but to drink only to suppress - it is not really my advice! These jerks are usually single ones, if they occur during the same night. But I think that the bigger problem (of possibility to hurt yourself) is that these symptoms, if severe enough, can disturb your good night sleep and lead to day-time sleepiness. So, your problem is not that serious but that jolting before bed time can affect on your body and lead to some other, more serious stuff.