Hi. I started on Duromine a week and a half ago. In the last 3-4 years, I've put on 40 kilos and I can't figure out why. My lifestyle hasn't changed, and it's a healthy lifestyle. I go for brisk walks every morning, lunch time, afternoon and evening (between 15mins to an hour each time, and I vary my speed by jogging for a few minutes, then brisk walking for a few minutes then sprinting for bit, etc.), plus I vary my exercise for another 30 mins every night by alternating between: resistance training (sit ups, leg lifts and dumbells), yoga, dancersize, olyptical trainer, and vibro plate. I eat fairly healthily (fruit or eggs for breakfast, pasta or a vegetable dish for lunch, veggies or soup for dinner). The only 'unhealthy' thing I really eat is cheese, but I go for low fat. I almost never have junk food, soft drinks, etc., and I've always eaten small portions. I've been tested for Thyroid problems, PCOS, Cushings, Hashimoto's Disease, etc., numerous times over the last 3 years and my tests all come back fine.

At a loss, my doctor prescribed Duromine 30mg for me. I've been on it for just over a week and a half and feel no different whatsoever. I still get hungry around lunch and dinner time, I have no more or less energy than I had before, no difference in moods, etc., but I've cut my already small portions down. I now have 1/2 a grapefruit and 4 strawberries for breakfast, 2 brazilian nuts or 4 almonds for morning tea, 2 tablespoons of whatever I'm having for lunch (this week it's scrambled tofu, garlic, soy, and mushrooms) and 2 tablespoons of whatever I'm having for dinner (last week it was vegetable soup, this week it's crustless asparagus and spinach quiche). I'm still exercising between 2-6 times a day, and I've not lost a single gram. The only affect Duromine has had on me, is that even though I'm on the pill, I'm getting breakthrough bleeding.

Before you suggest it, I have also tried going off the pill twice in the last 3 years for a few months at a time to see if it was the pill making me put on weight, but it made no difference. I've been on detoxes, I've had acupuncture and Chinese herbs, I've seen a nutritionist who said the only thing she could think of was to add more protein to my diet which I've done over the last 6 months and it hasn't made a difference. I've seen different doctors, I've seen an endocrynologist, I've done everything! I don't understand how this is phsyically possible. Has anyone had a similar experience or does anyone know what this might be?

How are you doing now? Has Duromine made any difference? From what you described, I definitely don’t see how you could not lose weight with almost few bites of food per day and the exercise that you do. Are you taking any other medication? The thing is, weight is a problem, but you also can’t live on this very minimal diet without causing you to get malnourished. I think you need to keep looking for why are you unable to lose weight – I know you got tested for thyroid hormone levels, but that’s one possible cause for unstoppable weight gain and diabetes is also another very common cause. I really don’t see how duromine might help if that condition which is causing you to gain weight is still unindentified.

Wish you all the best,

Nicole

After a month on Duromine, I did lose around 8 kilos, but that was a month of practically not eating, which isn't sustainable. I hadn't considered diabetes ... I would have thought that that would have come through in a blood test (I've had about 20 in the last couple of years), but it's definitely worth looking into. Thanks!

I weigh 74,6 and want to be a healthy 62,5 started Duromine 13 days and I see no difference maybe its my body getting used to it. I excercise 4 days a week, eat right onviously there are days you cheat also I drink lol. Can someone help me understand my doctor said it would take 14 days to see a difference