Hey, this is embarrassing but im quite worried about it. The skin around my vagina (labia majora i think) doesnt cover my labia minora- just incase you dont know what these are, i just found it off google so i wouldnt, the bit of skin doesn't cover the 'flaps' on either side of my vagina so when im standing, you cant see my actual vagina but you can see both my labia's (flaps) and when i wear my pants you can see it - is this normal?!?! because ive seen pictures and these women always have perfect ones where you cant see any labia, the skin is the perfect length so covers it, and mine definitely isnt covered. :S i dont know if that makes sense but i dont know how else to word it :/
Thanks for your help. 

It's perfectly normal. I don't know the statistics, but I'd be willing to bet there are more inner lips that peek out than there are that stay hidden. How would you do a survey and get honest answers?

As with anything, you find some who like them out and some who don't. But for the majority of us guys it doesn't matter, we just like vaginas!!!

I have no idea why they seem to only show "flapless" ones in most pictures. Maybe the photographers and editors were all stunted at 6 years of age so they only like 6 year old style vaginas.

Ok this is why us girls, who have short lips, are also embarrassed and not confident to have sex with a guy because they'll think it looks like a "6 year old vagina". Way to boost our confidence!

How many have told you your's looks like a "six year old vagina"? I remember what my playmate's vulva looked like when we were 6 and I thought it looked nice. I also thought my 16 year old GF's looked pretty nice too and my wife's 20 year old one when we met. Geee, I liked them all and I bet most guys do too. If some guy criticizes yours it's most likely a sign of his insecurity.

If you are talking about short outer lips so your inner vulva is showing, there was a special section for those in the old Hustler magazine. They called them "split beavers" and they were special because you could see all the "lovely parts" inside there.

Aparently there were rules back in the day that clasified porn magazines , it was a lot easier to sell porn magazines that did not show labia minora , some think that this created a false idea about what a " normal " p***y looked like and strangely affected women who dont have the bulk experience of different p***y like men do so the think they are abnormal if they dont look like what they have seen in a few easily available magazines
I havent found many pussys that i didnt want to get amongst

"Back in the day" porn was illegal in the US and the definition of "porn" was always in dispute. Playboy's first edition in 1953 had a center spread featuring Marilyn Monroe naked except for the airbrushed pubic hair to cover anything controversial. Airbrushed pu$$y hair was the norm for a decade or so until Penthouse showed up and began showing real pu$$y hair which God forbid, revealed there were lips under there. Outer lips only for a few more years until Larry Flynt came along with Hustler Magazine which actually showed what was inside those lips like labia minora. Of course that led to all kinds of lawsuits some of which ended up in SCOTUS. They did what they are most famous for in controversial cases, tossing it back to the lower courts.

Hustlers pictures of "split beavers" and eventually shaved ones especially in the "reader supplied" girls next door section was quite popular. The term "think pink" showed up as a way to call for open, shaved, pu$$ies and was soon hijacked by engine builder Ed Pink to advertise his dragster engines.

So the misconception that most pu$$ies do not have inner lips that are visible beyond the neatly closed outer lips can likely be blamed mainly on magazine publishers who were afraid of expensive legal battles. Larry Flynt was shot and paralyzed due to his publishing.