My labia minora + majora (is that how you spell it?) are quite red and itchy. Just recently, the skin on my labia majora is peeling and it just looks like my toilet paper is weak and is leaving little bits behind. I have just come off my period so for now i'm assuming that it was because of the pads I was using. however, it's been like this for about a week now.
There are lot of reasons it could be happening.. too much unprotected sex with my boyfriend and not showering afterwards (guilty..:$), the pads I were using, a reaction to my bodywash etc. Also I'm recovering from what my doctor and I have assumed was an infected insect bite. My doctor put me on antibiotics called Cephalexin, so that could be it too. The bite was on the back of my right knee, if that helps at all.
My labia minora is also quite painful and burns a little. When i try to see what's going on it hurts like the skin is attached to the opening of my vagina, although it could just be a cut, i can't quite see anything, it just looks red. There are no lumps so far.
I'm only 16 years old, only ever had one sexual partner (please don't be judgmental) and we were both virgins before we did the deed. I will also be discussing this with him.o.O
I'm a little nervous about telling my mother, but i will if it turns out to be bad. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thankyou :-)

Also forgot to add, i do shave and have recently shave down there....pretty sure that could be a reason too, though this has never happened before >.<

Talk to your mother. She was young once to. The most important thing for her is that you are healthy.