I have had a large lump between my inner upper left leg and genital area for years.  Never had any pain, I could just tell that that area left of my genitals was swollen.  I though it may be a hernia, but after researching what a hernia is, it doesn't match the location.  It is away from the intestinal area and blatter area (really at the top inner side of the left leg).  It never used to hurt, in fact, I could not even tell it was there unless I was in the shower cleaning that area. It seems to have grown in the past year.  It used to be, at times, uncomfortable.  By that I mean, it didn't hurt, but I could tell it was there.  In recent months, I have felt very small amounts of pains at times.  By that I mean, I can run for miles and not even know its there, but at other times, I get quick pains in the area. It is now about the size if a small pinky finger and lines up almost exactly with the pubic "V" region.

Could this be a cancerous tumor?

Hello Keith,

It could be that you have a hardened lymph node.  This is not uncommon and generally it isn't anything to worry about.  You should keep an eye on it to see if it changes with time that might indicate a problem with the immune system.  The lymph nodes contain white blood cells that filter blood that comes through the node.  They are responsible for taking out pathogens and toxic molecules from the local area.  You have a number of lymph nodes in various parts of the body that filter lymph fluid.  Lymph fluid comes from plasma that leaks out of your blood vessels in tissue.  The lymph nodes clean the plasma and return it to your bloodstream.  If you feel or see any change you should see a doctor but other than that you should be fine.

Thank you! Susan! Very good info!