I had the exact thing happen to me. Once my first month back on the ring after I stopped nursing and just now again! I kept mine and had it tested and the doctor said it wasn't a miscarriage but it was intrauterine lining that was shedding. I had also tested negative on pregnancy tests also. But I'm not liking it. I hope you're okay

I was put on nuvaring Dec 8th of last yr. Was told it would stop my excessive lengthy periods. My periods would be 1 to 2 a month and would be from 10 to 20 days with extremely heavy bleeding and terrible cramping. The one thing I noticed instantly was the ring put an end to painful breast tenderness which I'd have for over 10 yrs. The doctor suggested I use the ring 3 weeks then immediately put in a new ring and skip the period week. There is no risk of pregnancy for me as I had 4 children and during my 4th c section had a tubal ligation. I honestly believe the tubal ligation started all my bleeding irregularities. After the first month on the ring was great but moving into the second month I woke up just after midnight with timely cramping like labor. It progresses thru the night and to noon the next day increasing in severity. I had to get on the floor and breath my way thru the events. Since it was a weekend the obgyn sent me to the hospital. During an ultrasound where they saw nothing I was asked to void my bladder since there was blockage of the view and this is when I passed about a 3 inch circular fleshy object that had a blood supply and an open tear in the surface. It very much looked like a deflated ball. I saved this and asked for a specimen jar and asked tat it be tested. Right after passing this the cramping ceased and just a heavy blood flow remained. I have never received clear determination on what is was. I was told by the obgyn it was a tissue from the wall and it was benign. I have to say it was a round open pouch and was not any wall tissue. It was thick and had a blood supply coiling around it. I still to this day do not know what it was. I have not had that happen again but the ring is not doing what was expected. I am currently on day 26 of heavy bleeding while wearing the ring and passing huge and many blood clots. This is not helping and I've gave it my 6 months agreed time. I will be making an appt to see the doctor next week and looking for an alternative.

Hi I just experienced the same thing. It was about 5" long and 1"diameter. What was the prognosis??

I just had the same thing happen. On nuvaring and passed stringy clots and a rush of blood came out. Period was over and pelvic pain was gone. It's. Like the string of clots blocked the blood from coming through the cervix. I see I'm not the only one having this issue.

Has anyone heard back from their doctor about why the large clump of tissue was passed and what it could be? I completed my first cycle of nuvaring, removed it, and began having the worst cramps of my life with my period. I then proceeded to pass a kiwi sized clump of tissue that I ended up finding in my diva cup. I plan on calling my doctor on Monday.

Hey girl, I am having this same problem kind of. Last month I noticed I woke up with some serious cramps and I was in so so so much pain. I went to the bathroom to change my tampon and I pulled it out and it was soaked. I felt like I had to poop so I kinda pushed a little big and I'm not joking I thought I miscarried or gave birth to something. This tissue that fell out was the size of probably half my fist. I was terrified. Then this month just tonight ( like 10 minutes before googling it) I went to change my tampon and again a smaller tissue bomb fell out of me, the size of my thumb now. This is more recent for me. I've been using the Nuva ring for almost a year and I've noticed chunkier, thicker, blood, and sometimes the occasional skin on my tampon but nothing to where it was falling out of me like this. It's happen probably the last 3-4 periods but last month being the worst. Thank you for sharing your story! It helped me and I am for sure going to watch for this period and go to the dr if anything falls out again!!!

I don't have nuvaring but this is what I found about tissue during heavy periods. Mine seems to be a normal casting of the uterus as it sheds. Whew- it had me all freaked out since my tissue had a shape like a folded butterfly with a white cord. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Sounds a lot like a miscarriage! I had one back in Dec of 2014, the doctors honestly didn't explain any of it to me, they just checked my hormones levels every week till they went back to zero. It took two weeks for it to finally come out. The clot/tissues I had been passing were 2-3 inches, a few of them, then i finally got a bigger one which i knew had to have been it. The doctor just told me to toss it and resume birth control. Heart breaking, it wasn't expected but we would of greatly embraced having another child.

I'm here because I just passed the same thing but I had the deposit shot. I didn't get a period for 2 months and now it's my final month and about a week ago I started bleeding a lot, and I mean ALOT. I guess I have to go back a little further, I had a miscarriage in March and I guess pieces of the placenta stayed attached to my uterus. I started bleeding so heavy I ended up in the hospital, I was going through asize 6 diaper every few minutes. No one in the emergency room would take me seriously. Well I ended up throwing up, getting very very weak, sweating bad, and then finally passing out in the waiting room. They finally checked me into a room and did a dnc, I stayed the night and got the depo shot the next day. I didn't get my period so this month I just started passing huge clots again like the first tine, freaked out and went back to the ER but this time it stopped soon after, I've been spotting since then and yesterday I had the worst cramps, I felt as though I was in labor. My back hurts when I'm in labor and it did that yesterday as well. All day. I woke up with a few little sessions (I don't know what to call it) of cramps but then they went away. Just about 30 minutes ago, I stood up and felt something pass. I freaked cause I thought I was passing clots again but I went to the bathroom and it was one tampon size piece of flesh (that's what it looked like to me). My husband is at the courthouse and my father in law has my car so I have no choice but to wait it out. These threads are keeping me sane though. Just wanted to let you know, the shot may not be any better.

Have you heard anything else in regards to this? I literally just got out of the hospital after the EXACT thing happened to me

I have had the same exact thing fall out of me twice. I'd get extremely bad cramps and lots of blood would come and long piece of tissue comes out the Dr's told me it was my lining coming out because my body wants to get pregnant so when the uterus thickens to prepare for a baby and u don't get pregnant it sheds. It looks like a used tampon n it's pink and have little clots all over it. And also I don't take no kind of birth control

Ok. So, I am NOT on Nuvaring (or however it is spelled) or any type of IUD. I take regular old school pill form birth control. But, I skipped a period for 2mo. Then passed a huge piece of tissue that was not a jelly like clot. Let me emphasize on huge. Also, the pain leading up to passing this was beyond excruciating. I'm completely freaked out. Does anyone know what it is? I see posts about similar experiences. But, no one came back and answered about their results. I'm not really sure what to do from here. I feel silly sticking this thing in a bag and showing up at the doctors with it.

Thank you for this answer. This maybe what my body is going through. I am 37 with no children and have never been pregnant.

I am just reading this one year later but I have experienced the exact same thing but I am not on any birth control. I have fibroid tumors. Has your situation changed?

So started the pill this month, on week 3. Started it the first day I noticed spotting, but I didn’t have a period like normal. When I started the second week I started bleeding more heavily. Today I took out my tampon and had this fleshy type clot hanging off the end of it which has never happened to me. Wondering if this is uterine lining being expelled since I think the pill delayed my period.