hi to my fellow readers.....am in my late 40's...knowingly how advance science has become regarding saving and keeping pregnancies i would like to know if is it save for the mother to become pregnant at such age keeping in mind that less then a year ago had a left nephectomy...would affect my unborn child or me?....

Hi Peaches,

Even with only one kidney you can still have a healthy child, but...

You will need to be monitored.  Sometimes during pregnancy the blood pressure can rise, high. High blood pressure can damage the kidneys.  

There are also risks due to your age.  Careful pre-natal care and monitoring can help you have a healthy baby.

Before you consider pregnancy I would recommend a full physical exam.  Discuss your intentions with your doctor and get their input.  If you are currently in good health, with no complications from the nephrectomy, I see no reason why you could not try to become pregnant.

Good luck.