Hello all, I am a type 2 and I just got back my Hba1c results and I don't understand it. It says my Hba1c is 6.0 which I'm pleased about however it also says standardized = 42.1. What does the 42.1 mean? Gees, I had enough trouble learning what the 6 meant. Is this something new or is it another way to measure BG levels? Anyone know anything about this? Do I even need to pay attention to it? As if I don't have enough to worry about. Math and chemistry where never my forte. Thoroughly confused as usual. Thanks

Hello, I know what you mean about the math and chemistry. I was never good with that stuff either. I believe the 42.1 is the new standardized measurement and changes percentage into mmol/mol which is what other countries use. So your 6 percent or 42.1 mmol/mol is of course excellent. I'm afraid I'm up around 7.3. I'm still working on it and hope to get to a 6.5. I recently changed my diet. I went from 100 grams carbs a day down to 30 grams a day. I thought I would try the Dr. Bernstein diet. I'm over weight and need to lose about 50 pounds. I've lost 10 pounds so far and I'm quite pleased at that. Sounds like you have everything under control and I congratulate you on that. I need to get serious about exercise. When I was first diagnosed I started exercising every day but now it's more like one a week and that's on Saturday. I probably need to find someone who will exercise with me and encourage me. I particularly like to exercise outside and right now it's really cold out there. We've been down below 32 degrees F for the past month and it is just to cold particularly with the wind.