I’m supposed to have leep treatment for I am diagnosed with cervical dysplasia. I’m little afraid of the treatment and I’d like to hear what anesthesia is being used while leep treatment- local or general. Thanks

Hi! there’ s nothing to be afraid of for this is invasive procedure that lasts no longer than 10-15 minute and for it is easy going and quick there’s no need for general anesthesia. You won’t feel anything also if having just local anesthesia for it’s painless and you may go home straight from the hospital and keep living normally. There’re some unpleasant conditions that follows up the procedure such as: unpleasant odor and dark discharges that will last for about three weeks or so. You should be avoiding tampons using instead sanitary pads for next month after having leep. It’s nothing too serious to worry about and nothing too invasive to demand general anesthesia. Just go and do it and you’ll reduce chances of getting a cervical cancer one day. Oh, and don’t forget to control your Papa-test at least every six months.

You can ask for general(asleep) anesthesia, but it costs more, and some doctors may be reluctant to use this type of anesthsia.