Hello! I visited my gynecologist a week ago and it turned out I have cervical dysplasia. i want to know if cancer is inevitable with cervical dysplesia and what I can expect?

Hi! Being diagnosed with cervical dysplasia doesn’t mean you have a cancer. It means that you might be at risk of getting a cancer but it’s still not a cancer. Having cervical dysplasia means you have abnormal cells that have spread over your cervical areas, but you haven’t mentioned your dysplasia condition. Actually I want to say that there’re three forms of cervical dysplasia-mild, moderate and severe dysplasia. Mild and moderate dysplasia doesn’t demands any serious treatment though it doesn’t mean that you might stop with regular medical control. And in case of severe cervical dysplasia abnormal area must be treated since in fact it is a pre-cancerous condition but in the same time it doesn’t mean that the cancer is inevitable. There are various treatments or procedures that treat abnormal areas such as: cryotherapy, laser treatment and leep procedure, loop excision, hysterectomy and other forms of treatment. So dysplasia doesn’t mean you have a cancer and if you treat it on time you may reduce the chances of getting it.