I done my regular Pap-test last week and it’s positive but I also done HPV test in addition and it turned out I’m HPV negative but I’m not getting any treatment. I’d like to hear what caused me to get HPV and what this means. I always thought that HPV causes cervical cancer and how come I don’t get any treatment.

It’s not a big deal. I mean it’s not a pleasure having HPV I know it for I had it once few years ago. But I had both of my tests- Pap and HPV test- negative and still didn’t get any treatment. I was surprised for actually my Pap-test showed that I had ASC-US meaning atypical squamous cells of unknown significance. And still I was not getting any treatment. My doc said that the changes in my cells have been caused by HPV but there’s no need for a treatment for HPV is very common either in woman or in man. Actually statistically every woman gets it at least once in a lifetime. Of course in some cases HPV may cause cervical dysplasia and in some rare cases even cervical cancer but it is very uncommon and in fact there’re no procedures that treat HPV but there’re effective treatments for the conditions that HPV may cause such as cervical dysplasia or genital warts which are not of the same origin as those warts on our hands or feet. Anyway my HPV has gone by itself, my immune system has fought it by himself at least it is what my doc have told me. In meantime I stopped smoking as I was advised by my doc for smoking may increase the chance of getting severe cells changes and I don’t think more that condom may protect me of getting HPV because it isn’t so. And one of the risks is having many partners for HPV is sexually transmitted. And in order to prevent yourself of getting HPV or some other Pap abnormalities you should have your Pap-test done regularly.